What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get the Syrah bottled last night. I ordered more beer caps from Brew and Wine Supply, they should be here tomorrow or Friday so I can bottle the Cranberry Lime Pee into beer bottles. Took a half day on Friday so that I can bottle the rest of the Chilean and then start on the blending of PA juices...

Did some shopping with the family. Walmart in Robinson actually had .223 ammo so I picked up a couple hundred rounds. The shelf is still fairly full. Had bulk packs of .45 auto but no .380 auto or 22.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Wine Making mobile app

The ammo shortage hit Canada a week or so back. Only .22 is MIA. Other than that we are still rolling in brass

I need to check inventory. I was considering picking up a 22 on an AR platform but no sense if I cant get ammo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Wine Making mobile app

I think its short lived...we have plenty of 22 ammo here, i was at academy yesterday, and bought some 243 and 9 mm...saw plenty of 22...maybe its a region think.

Might be, I'm pretty well stocked up on everything I shoot anyways. More than enough to get me though a couple years of hunting.

On second thought I could use some more 300 winmag rounds. But the rounds I hunt with are not cheap. Almost makes we want to get into reloading.

I can always use more shotgun ammunition too. When deer season is open the shelves empty fast. That's when it pays to have a mini stockpile

What a day!

Bought a new faucet for my kitchen, only to discover it won't work. Gotta take that back now. Fortunately I discovered all I need is a new ball piece which is cheap, so cool, much better.

Bought a new above-range microwave. Unfortunately it doesn't fit with the pre-existing holes in the cabinet. Boo! Need the drill and I can fix that.

Tried to find a replacement for my oven's banking element and 8 inch burner. WOW! Ace hardware wanted WAY too much and Lowe's didn't carry them. All over the Ebay for it now.

On a brighter note, the yeasty babies are all cuddly and warm in their new home in 6 gallons of Old Orchard Cherry Pomegranate. I could not for the life of me find a recipe, so I modified the OO Blue/Pom recipe. Hope it turns out well. The must smells wonderful!

I also managed to work on a few labels and get in an order with Midwest Supplies. Yay!

Learned a valuable lesson on my merlot I had started on the 9th it was doing sooo well! I had the thermometer floating in it went to check it and I noticed the floating thermometer had sunk! It was broken! I guess I could have filtered it and filtered it and filtered it over but I would have known and I was told when I first started this hobby never throw anything away but I just could not leave this go.. I also had the hydrometer floating in it too but that was ok. Guess I won't try to take any shortcuts at all any more! It probably got hit just the right way with the spoon I used to stir it when I last stirred it so to all of you who leave the hydrometer and/or your thermometer in take them out while stirring it even if your careful as I was:m

What a day!

Bought a new faucet for my kitchen, only to discover it won't work. Gotta take that back now. Fortunately I discovered all I need is a new ball piece which is cheap, so cool, much better.

Bought a new above-range microwave. Unfortunately it doesn't fit with the pre-existing holes in the cabinet. Boo! Need the drill and I can fix that.

Tried to find a replacement for my oven's banking element and 8 inch burner. WOW! Ace hardware wanted WAY too much and Lowe's didn't carry them. All over the Ebay for it now.

On a brighter note, the yeasty babies are all cuddly and warm in their new home in 6 gallons of Old Orchard Cherry Pomegranate. I could not for the life of me find a recipe, so I modified the OO Blue/Pom recipe. Hope it turns out well. The must smells wonderful!

I also managed to work on a few labels and get in an order with Midwest Supplies. Yay!

Sounds like you've been busy! Appliance parts are a big overpriced bummer! My husband's family owned an appliance parts store for 25 years i know firsthand just how expensive they are even wholesale.

That cherry/pomegranate sounds wonderful! Let is know how it turns out!

Carolyn

Learned a valuable lesson on my merlot I had started on the 9th it was doing sooo well! I had the thermometer floating in it went to check it and I noticed the floating thermometer had sunk! It was broken! I guess I could have filtered it and filtered it and filtered it over but I would have known and I was told when I first started this hobby never throw anything away but I just could not leave this go.. I also had the hydrometer floating in it too but that was ok. Guess I won't try to take any shortcuts at all any more! It probably got hit just the right way with the spoon I used to stir it when I last stirred it so to all of you who leave the hydrometer and/or your thermometer in take them out while stirring it even if your careful as I was:m

Sorry you had to throw that out... I agree on the no shortcuts motto. I was leaving my thermometer in the primary and tried to stir carefully a few times but I just got a bad vibe about doing it so always take it out for stirring now - always!

Carolyn

Sorry to hear this, I sure wish you would have came on here and asked about this. I really believe the most harmful thing would have been the broken glass and since you would have filtered, you would have gotten that out.

peaches and the white weasel....get your self a digital thermometer, they are very accurate , in expensive and almost unbreakable unless you cut the wire....

Sorry you had to throw that out... I agree on the no shortcuts motto. I was leaving my thermometer in the primary and tried to stir carefully a few times but I just got a bad vibe about doing it so always take it out for stirring now - always!

Carolyn

Thing is I got that same vibe, but I'm a stickler for sanitation and found out I rather sanitize over than throw out a good wine lol:slp and Julie I know filtering would of taken this out but not willing to take the chance because I would of known and I don't like taking chances. Washing and rewashing and rewashing the bucket too! It looks like I'm going digital, I had thought about buying a digital thermometer anyway. I was using the stick on thermometer but didn't think I was getting an accurate reading

Peaches, I have to ask, what do you think was in that thermometer that you need to re-washing and re-sanitizing so much?

Latest posts

Back