What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
working in Bowling Green then to Cleveland then to Buffalo then home to the burg by Wednesday, with a hopeful stop in Erie for some juice.

Dear Lord Bill!!!!!!!!! Are you sure you can stop in Erie? This sounds like a mach speed adventure!

A rolling stone gather no moss, but lots of different juices. I'll try to hit Fulkerson's too if its not too out of the way to pick up some of Rod's Diamond.

Hokapsig said:
A rolling stone gather no moss, but lots of different juices. I'll try to hit Fulkerson's too if its not too out of the way to pick up some of Rod's Diamond.

Busy you are!! Tired you will be!!!

Fulkerson's is too far, but I have a lead on some Diamond in North East. Hopefully going to pick some Brugundy grapes tonight and see if I can fill 2 six gallon buckets. Since the grapes are free, I might try this the old fashioned, natural way and just remove the stems, crush and let the wild yeast do its thing with no sugar added. Hopefully thre will be some noble rot to contend with....

Fulkerson's is too far, but I have a lead on some Diamond in North East. Hopefully going to pick some Brugundy grapes tonight and see if I can fill 2 six gallon buckets. Since the grapes are free, I might try this the old fashioned, natural way and just remove the stems, crush and let the wild yeast do its thing with no sugar added. Hopefully thre will be some noble rot to contend with....

Where are you looking in North East? Mazza listed it on their site but when we inquired, they said there was none available for home wine makers. I didn't check with other wineries in the area.

I pre-ordered my Fredonia for pick up on the 29th of this month. When we go up in October we may stay at a bed and breakfast or somewhere.

Here's what I'm doing...
dscf0001f.jpg

image-3561001116.jpg

Racked my batch of strawberry pee. It will have a pleasant blush color to it. Should be pretty!! 11.5% ABV.

Where are you looking in North East? Mazza listed it on their site but when we inquired, they said there was none available for home wine makers. I didn't check with other wineries in the area.

I pre-ordered my Fredonia for pick up on the 29th of this month. When we go up in October we may stay at a bed and breakfast or somewhere.

I was told to go to the fruit market at Arrowhead winery and get a hot pack from Nick, but he wasn't available and the juice doesn't come in until Friday or Saturday, but they are supposed to have Diamond.

Doug I need to pick your brain on malo for my Chardonnay. Is it too late (after I had sulfited and stabilized back in May) to add malo and some oak chips?

Bill, not much of the expert on malo, but if you sorbated you should not do malo, you will get a geranium taste from what I have seen here. You can still oak it at this point. I actually back sweetened mine to about 1.00.

Considering bottling my Brianna that we got from Rob a year ago. It was sweetened to 1.006 from 1.002 earlier this week. WFH so that may be a lunch time task. Bottles are alread cleaned and sanitized.

I'm tearing into my Grizzly 700EFI to remove and flush the fuel tank. Bad gas is...well...bad!

NakedGrizzly_zps3be968ef.jpg

Heading to southern West Virginia next week for five days of mud and mountains. I told the wife I'm not coming back until my butt is worn down to a nub. It's a beautiful time of year to be in the mountains!

Oct27-282005024.jpg

I have about 40 gal of fresh juice to play with this weekend so I took today off.
It is also customer appreciation day at my wife's company. They had demo's all day with Skyline cheese coneys, chicken wings from h00ters, and of course a few of the h00ter girls as well. :HB My winemaking may have to wait until this evening to start.

dangerdave said:
I'm tearing into my Grizzly 700EFI to remove and flush the fuel tank. Bad gas is...well...bad!

Heading to southern West Virginia next week for five days of mud and mountains. I told the wife I'm not coming back until my butt is worn down to a nub. It's a beautiful time of year to be in the mountains!

Sometimes bad gas is........well........amusing and hilarious! ;)

3 wines down and 3 more to go. Winemaking will continue in the morning.

OMG, just got home from work at 11:00 pm after going in at 5:30 am and have to be back in the morning. So what's in my garage when I get home. 6 pails of wine a freind dropped off for me to make. He keeps four and gives me two. I'm too tired to even look to see what they are. I'll deal with them tomorrow night.

This weekend..

1 - Painting and realigning the front cast iron gate
2 - Cleaning out the shed & organize the contents
3 - Clean all three porch/decks of spiders, cob webs
4 - Water everything down - front, side, plants
5 - Filling the yard waste container with yard debris
6 - Putting some more sweat in, behind the back fence, a 15ft-"fire line" of sorts, back the wildlife up
7 - Start the El Camino
8 - Clean out the rest of the garage so the El-Co fits for winter
9 - Trim the junipers back and stomp them into the yard waste container

10 - Degas the peach wine
11 - Rack the pear wine off sediment
12 - Double/triple check my list of "needs" for the Riesling grapes

13 - Pass out, if i dont topple first :)

Deezil you have exhausted me. I think I will take some wine and go to my neighbors party.

Back