What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading to southern West Virginia next week for five days of mud and mountains. I told the wife I'm not coming back until my butt is worn down to a nub. It's a beautiful time of year to be in the mountains!

Oct27-282005024.jpg
Ahhh Dave the last group of guys that did this made a movie out of it..Deliverence. :)

Really what I wanted to say is what an awesome label this picture would make. Not sure what you would call the wine, but I love the picture.

Finished setting up my truck again this morning... I changed jobs after 14 plus years and over a million and a half safe miles (truck driver). And just finished bottling 15 gallons of wine. 10 gallons of Fredonia and 5 gallons of Diamond. But now I'm lost, I've got nothing brewing anymore. Everything needs to age right now. Now what do I do? Oh yah, I got to set up my electrolysis bath to remove the rust on some cast iron pans I got. Anyone got an old manual battery starter or old welder (these work the best), looking for a deal. Good thing I got another hobby I don't have time for. So right now I got two water glasses of wine that couldn't be bottled, 1 Fredonia and the other Diamond. I'm gonna try and finish them (I ain't kidding anyone, they'll be gone soon).

Felt lousy the last 2 days with whatever is going around. Today feeling a little better so I'm trying to clean the house while the wife is out. Having a glass of Concord/Niagra blend now. I should have sweetened it mor at the intital bottling last year. I added about 2 1/2 tsp sugar to each bottle and it definately improved the taste. Keep that in mind for this year's juices.

Removed capsules from about 60 cases of used bottles and organized them by color and style of bottles.

Started fermentations on Fredonia, Niagara, Delaware and two Port Blends.

Had a nice visit with kzacherl2000, who gave me 5 cases of clear 0ne gallon jugs after I turned her onto a Craigs list deal for 35 cases of jugs for just $2.00 per case of four.

PS....I really enjoyed the visit with you and Mike last weekend. It was great talking with you two!!

:) Hey, when it comes to wine, we don't let any grass grow under our feet. Our motto is have wine, will travel. :HB

Today we took a generator that Rodo had bought from the school district up to him. And in return since he was going to Walker's yesterday, he picked up 4 buckets of juice for me.

AND Jeannie made stuffed pork chops so now I'm off the hook on having to make them!!!!:try

Julie, I've found me some Jeeps!!! Now I just have to get the cash together. I'm going for one that will need some work so I can put my own stamp on it. :D

Julie~That sounds like you two had a great time and well fed! FYI...if you want more of those berries,,there is alot that are red on the tree as well as on the ground. Help yourself!

Julie, I've found me some Jeeps!!! Now I just have to get the cash together. I'm going for one that will need some work so I can put my own stamp on it. :D

Cool, and yea you guys all need to play with your cars! Here's a pic of my husband, Mike's Jeep. In the last month he has put louvers on the hood and installed on board air

Mike's Jeep.JPG

Julie~That sounds like you two had a great time and well fed! FYI...if you want more of those berries,,there is alot that are red on the tree as well as on the ground. Help yourself!

Thanks, I froze the ones I got from you last week and will be taking them out of the freezer and starting that wine tomorrow.

Terry don't be listening to Dan, just because he left me alone in his wine cellar, seriously, did he think I was just gonna look at the wine :HB

And Terry, your wine cellar maybe small but you have a very nice area and room to grow. LOL, that's another thing we can work on Chuck about, :) growing your wine cellar!!!

Yesterday I picked up my grape juice order and this morning istarted my first batch of Chardonnay. Tonight I hope to start some of the other grapes.

Just transferred my Concord (12), Niagra (12) and Seyval Blanc (6) to carboys. All buckets are cleaned out and ready to pick up Fredonia (12) this weekend. Whooo Hooo. All I need now is the Catawba in October unless I can find a winery that has it ready now. May have to call Mazza. LOL

All I need now is the Catawba in October unless I can find a winery
that has it ready now.

Walkers have it. Yeh I know they are not in PA but not that much over the border.;)

I racked the strawberries and chocolate wine last night. mmmm that's starting to turn out nice. This morning I started the Gewürztraminer and the second pail of Chardonnay. Tonight I have to go shopping for some more wine supplies and I'm going to rack and finish the Welches wine

Also this morning I also switched over to the fall food for my pond fish and put out more suet for the migrating birds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back