What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend..

1 - Painting and realigning the front cast iron gate
2 - Cleaning out the shed & organize the contents
3 - Clean all three porch/decks of spiders, cob webs
4 - Water everything down - front, side, plants
5 - Filling the yard waste container with yard debris
6 - Putting some more sweat in, behind the back fence, a 15ft-"fire line" of sorts, back the wildlife up
7 - Start the El Camino
8 - Clean out the rest of the garage so the El-Co fits for winter
9 - Trim the junipers back and stomp them into the yard waste container

10 - Degas the peach wine
11 - Rack the pear wine off sediment
12 - Double/triple check my list of "needs" for the Riesling grapes

13 - Pass out, if i dont topple first

Done ... It's Tuesday.. But who cares :)

I stabilized the Welches wine, started the Kerner and cleaned up some spill over from the one Chardonnay. I know I should of had some grape juice that morning. Last night I picked up 2 my wife's favorite wine kits and saved 15% on both.. SCORE :D:b Now I have to see if I can score 3 more carboys :)

I just got back from picking up 23 cases of bottles. The Gewürztraminer foamed over. So I had to clean up another mess. My basement smells wonderful :)

Experimenting with acid levels and sg on the Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. I think I'm getting close. Acid may be a bit high, need to check again, however, if I increas sg slightly it may offset it. Need to check these 2 thinkgs again.

Finally home from the NJ meetings and pitched the yeast for the Concord which I had procured for free in Buffalo. Working from the home office today and going to open a MollyDooker Boxer tonight and pair it with some Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza.

Finally home from the NJ meetings and pitched the yeast for the Concord which I had procured for free in Buffalo. Working from the home office today and going to open a MollyDooker Boxer tonight and pair it with some Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza.

What is a MollyDooker Boxer?

Back sweetened my strawberry pee and started another batch of Dragon's Blood. Going to gun safety class tomorrow.

I started a Wine Expert Italian Pinot Grigio kit tonight. I also am building a 77 bottle wine rack. I plan to build 2 or 3 more racks to store more wine.

There is a muscadine festival in Sweetwater today that I would love to go to, but I'll be in class all day. ;'(

Heading to Presque Isle Wine in North East Pa to pick up a couple buckets of Fredonia. They are out of Niagra so that rules out getting 3 gallons to start a batch of Jalepeno Pepper.

Heading to Presque Isle Wine in North East Pa to pick up a couple buckets of Fredonia. They are out of Niagra so that rules out getting 3 gallons to start a batch of Jalepeno Pepper.

My jalapeno with Niagra was a big hit, but I made it as more of a cooking wine - really hot.

I have a new batch going with apple juice as the base and much fewer jalapenos. It's been happily clearing for a couple of months. I already like it much better as a drinking wine.

I recommend apple as a base if you can't get niagra.

Wow, we're finally home from what was to be a trip to get juice and lunch. We left the house at 9:00 this am to make the 2 1/2 hour trek to Presque Isle. We got there just after 11:15, picked up my order that I placed the on Friday and my Fredonia. Went up to sample some wines, found out it was the North East Pa Wine Festival weekend. PI was to crowded to sample anything so I said a quick Hello and Good Bye to Runningwolf and we were off to Johnny B's for lunch.

Made a detour to Courtyard Wineries about 3 minuts up the road from PI WIne. Atmosphere was amazing, wine was outstanding. Of course everyone standing outside must have thought I was nuts because I passed the place, pulled over, then backed down Rt20 and into the parking lot around the bend then into a parking spot. We purchased 6 bottles of wine and some other misc items from there.

We arrived at Johnny B's around 12:40 and got there just in time. Shorthly after we arrived the place was swarmed by patrons. Very good food, thanks for the recommendation Dan. I would highly recommend it as well.

We left there and stopped at Arrowhead winery so that I could see it Mobilla Fruit market had Niagra, they did. Arrowhead had live entertainment which was pretty good, a clown for the kids and plenty of tasting. Picked up a Strawberry, a Vignoles and a Cherry from there.

Proceeded to Lakeview Winery. Sampled some wine, asked them where the lake was since I couldn't see one. It was obscured by the trees that I suggested they have cut down so the name was truely fitting. We did not purchase anything here. Nothing really jumped out and said "hey I need a bottle of this".

Left there and went to visit my sister inlaw in Emleton for an hour, got some free corn stalks then proceeded home. Got home and unloaded the truck and sugar adjusted our juices to 1086 sg, with the exception of the Niagra because I ran out of sugar.

It was a very pleasant day spend with family. Tomorrow I will need to call PI Wine and aske them to ship me my Pectic Enzyme, they put the instruction sheet in the bag with the order, but forgot the Enzyme. Oh well.

Enjoying a glass of Courtyard Winery's Lazy Daze.

Doug, Courtyard does make good wine. Too bad you didn't get a behind the scenes tour of it. His testing lab is amazing. Randy (the owner) is a heck of a wood worker and built the winery and did all the finish work himself. He also has the backing of some big investers.

Glad to hear you liked Johnny B's. I love there hamburger that comes with a fried egg on it.

Lakeview Winery does have an awesome view of Lake Erie from their office and often post pictures of Canada on clear days. I also learned a lot from the owner Sam. It was from him that i learned how to infuse the chocolate into wine.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day. Thanks for shouting out to say hi or I would never of seen you. As you saw we were jammed all day with busses dropping people off about every 20 minutes. Plus they had the big bike (bicycle) tour of wineries and we probably had easily over 500 of those folks popping in. Very exciting day.

Just bottled the Lodi Ranch Cab today, as well as the Malbec and the Old Vine Zin. Lotta work for one day!

Latest posts

Back