What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped off bottles to Doug, came home and planted some strawberries for next year. Took the girl out for her belated 18th birthday dinner. Still feeling bad (and chuckling from time to time) about Doug's predicament....

Racked my Barbera and Petite Syrah. Also bottled 24 375 slpits of Peach and 5 gallons of Ruby Cabernet in the 375 splits. Going to bottle a gallon of both the Barbera and Petite Syrah in the splits as well. I'll keep one of each for toppint up with and make a dozen with the rest fo label for the wedding.

I cleaned 30 pounds of elderberrys and froze them. I dont know when I will be able to make them into wine.

Made up another batch of "Sammy's Blend" in my 32 gallon Rubbermaid Brute container. I ended up with close to 30 gallons. Below is a picture of it all back in carboys sitting in the freezer for 3 weeks of cold stabilization.

IMAG0464.jpg

This is the label I used from the last batch...

Sammies Blend.JPG

Nice label, Dan and what is Sammie getting for you using her name?

Working in DC today, then making the run home to Pittsburgh tonight.

Doug, how do we get invited to the wedding to get the favors???

Broken airplane in Aspen!!!!! :db. Did a 20 bike ride. Man after 10 miles I hardly got a work out:w...they way back was up hill

Came back from a week in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Amazing wine and especially port there! Dinner out on the conference organizers!

Then got a few hours in the lab to start my RJS Winery series Supertuscan and rack my Australian Syrah rose.

It's going to be a long winter of cleaning bottles and waiting!

Looking forward to racking my Red Mountain Trio into secondary tonight. It's only been nine days (10-12 per instructions), but I was sitting at ~0.997 last night. CO2 is there, but not tons of it. Don't want to risk anything on this batch.

I'll sample my CC Sterling Merlot too. It's been out of secondary for about a month now. Wasn't planning on aging it - I need some early drinkers and hoped this would fit the bill.

My Zombie Spit labels are made and ready for the bottles!! :D Now, just waiting on the filler to be ready as well!

Still working on the new house to get in there very soon. Everything I go to do turns into a nightmare! If I ever run into the people who owned this house before me Ill ***** slap the crap out of them!!!!!!!! People, if you have no clue how to do something, read up or ask on a forum similar to this. Do not go blindly into something and hack the crap out of it!!! Please!!!! LOL

I am trying to recover after cleaning over 20 + cases of wine bottles - getting ready hopefully this weekend to do some bottling

I feel your pain Wade!!! I have to pre-drill just to hang a pic on our walls!!!! We have 1/2 inch plaster for sheetrock. The plumbing was horrible and the electrical was dangerous.

Been there with my last house and had to cut any electrical boxes going on exterior walls to the point where I could barely fit wires in due to block walls firred out with 1" pine. No insulation what so ever there!!!

Latest posts

Back