What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooooh! I'll have to visit there! I love jeeps! Wish I had a 78 CJ5 Golden Eagle!!

Oooooooh! I'll have to visit there! I love jeeps! Wish I had a 78 CJ5 Golden Eagle!!

LOL, go buy another and come up next year. My husband has a 77 cj, 94 yj, 95 yj and you can see by my pic, I have a 10 jk.

This is an annual event, there are jeeps coming as far away as Australia. Seen one from Puerto Rico last night.

Butler will shut down their main street and there will be about 1000 jeeps parked there with a pile of activities going on. It will be a fun time, we did last year and had a blast. Plus the fairgounds will have all kind of stuff goign on for Sat and Sun

Well be head to Butler this afternoon for the Jeep Invasion and then out to the fairgrounds on Sat & Sun for the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival. So hoping the rain comes and goes before the Invasion today.

Have a good time. I may have to take a trip up this weekend if I get the chance.

Racked my original batch of pee and my first batch of Zombie Spit! The spot has been back sweetened as well!!! 2 more weeks and it will be bottled!!!!!! :D

The name I gave my quad berry skeeter pee. I'm unveiling it at a little party we are having in 2 months.

Tried Skeeter Pee once and only found one person who liked it and as I don't drink often I haven't made any more.

Going to Montana tomorrow and on the way back stopping a few miles west of Bemidji, MN to pick up 50 pounds of black Raspberries and 50 of choke cherries.

An old gal up there picks them for me.

No blue berries this year. Too hot and dry. The elderberries around my home, Mankato, MN don't look very promising either. Too hot and dry here also.

OK, I'll bite. WHat is the dragon blood version?

Doubt if I would drink much though. My body does not get along well with alcohol. Not man enough I guess.

Good part of that is no Po-lice person is going to get me for DUI. ::

I avoid the DUI part by drinking at home only. Lol If I do drink out in public, I limit myself to 1 or 2.

Dragon Blood is a version of skeeter pee with 6 pounds of a berry blend added. There are a few alterations to accommodate the berries. DangerDave came up with the recipe and has a thread on here. I believe it's called Easy peesy. Or it's called Dragons Blood. My first batch will be ready to bottle in 2 weeks.

Now you got me interested.

If I can stumble on enough elderberries I may try 6 or 8 pounds and skeeter pee.

Whats a hobby for if I can't mess around.

Not likely to change my mind about drinking tho. Don't care for its effects. ( a visit with Raaaaalph on the big white telephone)

Last edited:
Lol!!! I know what you mean!!! I normally don't let myself get that far gone. Not only do I not like meeting Raaaaalph, I don't like having little gnomes operating jack hammers in my head the next morning.

I would interested to see how elderberry pee turns out! Keep us posted if you do start a batch. And yes. What good is having a hobby if we never try anything different.

Boatboy. I just bottled my first beer a couple of weeks ago. Actually I used the Tap A Draft and filled 2 kegs and then bottled the rest. One keg is already gone. : )

Trying hard to get my peach must up to 1.085 sg. I have added about 11 pounds to six gallons of must (without the peaches in it, just the juice.

Installed a new dishwasher this morning, went and picked up bottles from Bill and spent thr rest of the day so far bottling wine in 375 ml bottles to be used as wedding favors. Only have to bottle another 100 bottles. 50 will be a ruby cabernet and the other 50 I have to decide what will be sacrificed from my stash, at least 24 bottles will be Peach.

Latest posts

Back