What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Below are a few pictures I took just before a storm finally came through today.

The first is a fairy garden inside one of our larger gardens and the next one is a peony tree just to the left of it.

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

Redtrk said:
Congrats to your daughter but like Famineguy said don't get too excited. Vicki and I were empty nesters for two years and now we have a couple of them back. :d

Change the locks when they walk out the door!

Nice day today. Lots of Sun. No wind and perfect temps. Fired up the big ol Smoker Pit for the holiday. First time in years. Have a Pork loin (marinated in blackberry chipolte for 48hrs). A small center cut pork tenderloin as well for those who don't like the heat. 2 nice racks of Baby Backs with a nice rub. Cooking over a mixture of mesquite and pecan. Have some friends and family coming over for dinner this evening. :sm

Got a couple racks of St Louis spare ribs on the smoker right now. One with "Dizzy Dust", and the other one Asian style with garlic, ground ginger, Chinese five spice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Using apple and cherry wood for smoke.

Mike: would love to hear more on that blackberry chipotle loin.

Pretty simple. Pick up a bottle of Blackberry syrup (or your favorite berry syrup) Pick up a small can of chipolte peppers in the adobo sauce. I use about 4 but I like some heat. Add a cup of red wine vinegar and a couple of cloves of garlic, some salt and pepper to taste. Toss it all into the blender and blend up well. Place the pork loin in a gallon freezer bag, pour in the marinade and let it sit for 24-48 hours. If your really crazy you can use 1 or 2 max habanero peppers instead of chipolte peppers. This makes a nice sweet/spicy tenderloin. I have seen a Raspberry chipolte grilling sauce at Sams that looks like it would work well also. Making your own is usually cheaper for something like this as you would use the entire bottle!

Nice day today! Went to the bike trail and rode for over 25 miles. I probably wont be able to walk tomorrow. It was the first time I rode the bike since leaving Florida! I did spot some elderberry bushes. I will keep my eyes on them until they are ripe.

I played a round of golf this morning and man, did it get hot. I came home, took a little nap to cool down and then got up, got a glass of "Bama Peach", sat in my favorite little corner of our house; the sun room overlooking the water feature outside. "Just doesn't get any better than this".

IMG_0016.jpg

Change the locks when they walk out the door!

lol, you sound like my husband. They do eventantually leave but it does seem like forever and now I miss them. Why can't they just more within an hours drive instead of 8 hours from here or in another country :slp

I played a round of golf this morning and man, did it get hot. I came home, took a little nap to cool down and then got up, got a glass of "Bama Peach", sat in my favorite little corner of our house; the sun room overlooking the water feature outside. "Just doesn't get any better than this".
Hey Randy whats up with the water garden? No plants or Koi. I bet you have a nice water fall going into it though. Yeah I could hang out there.

Hey Randy whats up with the water garden? No plants or Koi. I bet you have a nice water fall going into it though. Yeah I could hang out there.

Dan, we tried having fish in the pond, but the #@%&% cats in the neighborhood wanted them more than I did. Needless to say, there aren't as many cats running around as there used to be.

I do have a water fall on the right side of the pond. It's about 25" tall and sounds sooo relaxing. When we sit out in the fall through spring, we have the fire tub going, so there is the visual of the fire and the water plus the sound of the water fall.

Oh, I just seen a cup. Hey is the liquid in the cup unlevel or is that just a funny thing with the photo.

Back