What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaning out the guest room closet. 30 years of hidden cr-p. Wasnt my idea but I ran out of excuses.

another lovely day of work, and then going to a bbq to tip a few cold "ginger ales", and pop a few corks....

Just racked the two carboys of Catawba, very little sediment and one being half of the other. Did a little taste and WOW! And it hasn't even aged or been bottled yet. Going to let it clear a little while longer and then add clearing agent and then before I bottle it add the sweetness. I'm thinking of maybe having one sweet and the other dry.

Let's see...here is what I need to do today:
1. Bottle 4.5 gallons of a seven year old peach port that was gifted to me. (Was initially 5 gallons, but lost 0.5gal as a result of filtering, and tasting)
2. Bottle and label 10 gallons (5 of Skeeter Pee and 5 of Raspberry Melomel) of wine that I "helped" a really good friend make for her beach wedding.
3. Rack 5 gallons of Twisted Mist Strawberry Margarita and get it under airlock.
4. And later today, when it starts to cool down, head outside and water my plants and pick the day's ripe mulberries off the two trees in my backyard. (Have lived here for 15+ years and this is the first time my husband & I have ever noticed the fruit....guess they just started bearing this year)

The big question: what will I really do today?

1. Bottle 4.5 gallons of a seven year old peach port that was gifted to me. (Was initially 5 gallons, but lost 0.5gal as a result of filtering, and tasting)

4. And later today, when it starts to cool down, head outside and water my plants and pick the day's ripe mulberries off the two trees in my backyard. (Have lived here for 15+ years and this is the first time my husband & I have ever noticed the fruit....guess they just started bearing this year)

The big question: what will I really do today?

I'd be doing these two, and i'd time it so that i'd be drinking whatever didnt fit into that last bottle, while i watered the plants!

As for myself, my family just left on vacay until tuesday so im home with the house to myself.. Well, me and this guy

CIMG2326.jpg

But we're gonna crack a bottle of Peach wine open here in a bit, and skip the glassware.. And over the course of my couple free days, i'll be testing SG/TA/Clarity of all my wines aging to see where i'm really sitting as i get ready for 2012 season.

After some testing, im off to water my plants as well:)

Very cool TJ. I just made a 500 gallon batches this week of the Creekside Red and Blush. Heck if I had known you were driving by you could have stopped by my house and picked some stuff up. Are vacationing in Erie?

I racked my Merlot and Chardonnay today and making sure I'm ready for bottling my Zinfandel and Pinot Noir next weekend

We sure was Dan, home now but we have a permanent spot at Sara Coynes. I have to hand it to Presque Isle Wine for rejuvenating my interest in "real" wine, turns out no I don't hate wine just all the stuff I was buying was crap. My wife WANTS me to start maybe 4 kits ASAP. Of the PI stuff the red was kinda too much for me and expected yet still very drinkable, the blush was right on and gone first and the white was good but Im guessing I don't really like white wines that much. When I get time I'm coming up to see you at PI Dan, I like that stuff, do you ever work the tasting room?

The little man did perfect, except for the 2 hr ride but he is only 1 year old so its ok, we'll be in Erie for lots of weekends this summer I predict.

I washed 8 more cases of bottles, I picked up 50 cases used bottles yesterday then sorted them. I still will not have enough clear bottles. I may need to go see Rich at Windy Hill Wines for the rest.
Phil

I washed 8 more cases of bottles, I picked up 50 cases used bottles yesterday then sorted them. I still will not have enough clear bottles. I may need to go see Rich at Windy Hill Wines for the rest.
Phil

Holy smoke Phil where did you find those at? Phil was I suppose to send you some info? I forgot what it was. I did find the site you were talking about. Can you pm me which model you have.

Went to Old Sturbridge Village today with the Hubby, it is a "Living Museum" created to model the 1830's, it's an amazing place. I probably haven't been there since I was in elementary school. We were there all day and didn't even see everything. Being the holiday weekend, it wasn't very busy either.

Holy smoke Phil where did you find those at? Phil was I suppose to send you some info? I forgot what it was. I did find the site you were talking about. Can you pm me which model you have.

Hi Dan, I found them on craigslist. turns out they were in Washington PA. Nice score! Most are burgandy style and I am happy with them.
I will pm you the info, I just need to look it up. I think you were to send me your apple wine recipe.
Thanks

Hi Dan, I found them on craigslist. turns out they were in Washington PA. Nice score! Most are burgandy style and I am happy with them.
I will pm you the info, I just need to look it up. I think you were to send me your apple wine recipe.
Thanks

Good score! I <3 CL, I got about 20 cases, $2 a case all de-labeled! Awesome scores don't always come around often, but when they do, they don't last long, you have to jump on them!

Good score! I <3 CL, I got about 20 cases, $2 a case all de-labeled! Awesome scores don't always come around often, but when they do, they don't last long, you have to jump on them!
You did score! all de-labeled, wow that would be nice!
Phil

Latest posts

Back