What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I was able to spend some time in the cellar. I racked 20 gallons of Noble Muscadine, 12 gallons of Catawba, 6 gallons of Concord and 5 1/2 gallons of Niagra. Everything should be able to rest until Christmas weekend now I believe with the exception of the Elderberry. I think that needs racked next weekend.

I got four cases of bottles from a friend and de-labeled and cleaned them. I also recieved my wine racks from Sam's Club. I will be putting them together later today or tomorrow.

So.. I'm going to bottle tomorrow. My first batch. :db

On Nov 22nd, it looked very clear, so I racked it back into a clean sanitized carboy. Now 10 days later(today), I pulled out about a bottles-worth to try some again. I drank about half what I pulled and while sitting here after enjoying it, I'm thinking hmmm am I sure there's enough alcohol in there, I dont feel anything. Should be 12.3% tick tock tick tock...

Than I stand up... WHOOOOAAA:d

I guess so! And I drank the rest..hehehe:dg

So yes, my first batch is definitely a success! gotta pee again.. hehe

I got four cases of bottles from a friend and de-labeled and cleaned them. I also recieved my wine racks from Sam's Club. I will be putting them together later today or tomorrow.

Holy Smokes Rocky I got mine today also. I forgot all about it. I saw it on the front porch when I came home and then got busy and forgot it even came. Guess I better go pull it in.

So.. I'm going to bottle tomorrow. My first batch. :db

On Nov 22nd, it looked very clear, so I racked it back into a clean sanitized carboy. Now 10 days later(today), I pulled out about a bottles-worth to try some again. I drank about half what I pulled and while sitting here after enjoying it, I'm thinking hmmm am I sure there's enough alcohol in there, I dont feel anything. Should be 12.3% tick tock tick tock...

Than I stand up... WHOOOOAAA:d

I guess so! And I drank the rest..hehehe:dg

So yes, my first batch is definitely a success! gotta pee again.. hehe

Oh you gonna make Skeeta pee? ..

Holy Smoke Rocky and Dan, I got mine today too. Only I'm not home until Tuesday to put them (2) together. Since you'll both know how, why don't you come over to my place and put mine together. Thanks in advance!! :b

Holy Smokes Rocky I got mine today also. I forgot all about it. I saw it on the front porch when I came home and then got busy and forgot it even came. Guess I better go pull it in.

I need to find someone near me with a sams club membership. I think my son'f fiancee's parents have one. Costco doesn't sell those racks.

Sitting here working for work again on a Saturday contemplating whether I want to install my hardwood floors myself or pay someone almost 3k (not including the removal and reinstallation of the railings) to do it for me. 670 sq feet plus 16 steps. Oh boy. leaning towards doing it myself.

Doug, I've never seen them at the Sam's Club near us (Robinson twp). I had to order them online and pay the shipping. Next time they're on sale, I'd be happy to order them for you. Mike

Deceided to try some wine made by others in the last swap while watching the golf match. Currently having a glass of Julies Catawba, ......WOW nice smooth taste. I like it. Putting this on my list to make some day!! Guessing this was juice from Presque Isle or Walkers??? What say Julie??

Al

Doug, I've never seen them at the Sam's Club near us (Robinson twp). I had to order them online and pay the shipping. Next time they're on sale, I'd be happy to order them for you. Mike

Mike is correct. They are never available in the stores, only on line.

I may take you up on that. I tried to order once on line and they asked for my sams club membership number. I belong to costco. Oh well.

We went and ordered our hardwood flooring for the house this afternoon then stopped at Kavic Winery. Wood should be deliverered in about a week. I'll store until after the 1st of the year then take a week of vacation to install it.

Well, must be the weather or something, With a little Chips & Dip Julies Catawba is gone!! Its only been a little over an hour or so..... I'm watching golf & Helen is addressing Christmas cards while listening to the carols!! Brought up a bottle of Steves Vignoles, another winner but a totally different taste than Julies Catawba! Great idea of swapping wines, though....... Also brought up a bottle of Dans Cayuga, This will be next on the adjenda...... (If I can find the opener)

Al

Deceided to try some wine made by others in the last swap while watching the golf match. Currently having a glass of Julies Catawba, ......WOW nice smooth taste. I like it. Putting this on my list to make some day!! Guessing this was juice from Presque Isle or Walkers??? What say Julie??

Al

That one was from Walkers, I knew you would like it. I bought 10g this year from Presque Isle and I believe this is going to be just as good as last years.

My favorites for today of the whites I have sampled are Julies Catawba number 1 for today. Next would be Dan's Cayuga followed up by Steves Vignoles. Guess tomorrow will be a choice of different REDS. Will have to check the garage to see whats available while I watch the footall games........ Sure glad I don't have a regular job............

Al

Deceided to try some wine made by others in the last swap while watching the golf match. Currently having a glass of Julies Catawba, ......Al

WOW Golf and wine, that has got to be better than any sleeping prescription on the market!

mailedD17.jpg

Today I started four RJS kits;
Coffee Port
Two Orange Chocolate Port
Apple Tatin White Port

Interesting all the kits came with two packs of yeast. The apple and coffee said if two yeast packages are included use both. The OCP didn't say anything about extra yeast and in both kits the two yeasts had expiration dates far apart. I decided to throw them both in the OCP also.

Latest posts

Back