What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the award, that's great. Did you get judging comments, if so share.

Way to go Daisy, what wines did you enter?

Beaujoulais Nouveau - 1st place - dry red
Great clarity, "envelopes the palate", and refreshing aftertaste

Strawberry Merlot - 2nd place - "other"
not to sweet, excellent clarity, fruity and light aroma

Dry Niagara - 2nd place - dry white
good clarity, crisp aftertaste

Whitetail Wine / Sweet Niagara - 3rd place - sweet white
good clarity, just the right sweetness

Cherry Skeeter did not win. The notes on it was that it had a great initial taste but it stopped and did not linger. It also did not have a full aroma that they were looking for.

No didnt read all the messages pasat the one I answered. U C I just got in.

Congrats again!

Dan, I had thought you were entering this, is there competitions for this fall that you are entering?

Started my peach wine to blend with my strawberry wine today.

Cold fermenting at 62* right now. Going to try and get it to 59 - 60*.

Started my peach wine to blend with my strawberry wine today.

Cold fermenting at 62* right now. Going to try and get it to 59 - 60*.

Jon this sounds interesting, I would never have thought to put a peach and strawberry together, have you done this before?

Dan, I had thought you were entering this, is there competitions for this fall that you are entering?

When I called they said I missed the deadline. Daisy said they were excepting entries though that morning. She thinks it was politics because they were taking all of my information until I gave my city. All of a sudden I was past the deadline.

I was wondering because of her post that is what it sound like to me, well if that is how they are you are better off not entering that one, I am sure there are a lot of others that you are going to enter.

Yes there are a few in the area that are good.I was surprised at all the prizes they gave out at that competition That was really cool!

The fairs around here pay out cash and usually the smaller the fair the bigger the purse.

I was wondering because of her post that is what it sound like to me, well if that is how they are you are better off not entering that one, I am sure there are a lot of others that you are going to enter.

I was pretty upset when he told me what they said when he called too. Everyone there was really friendly and the judges discussed the wines you entered after the announcements were made. It was really great feedback.

Latest posts

Back