What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Debbie that is good news. I am happy for you. Keep in mind they also sell 5 gallon better bottles for $15.00. If you take them out of the box they take up very little room and you can squeeze them in a lot of places. My preference is glass but the BB's definitely have a place in my wine cellar for secondary and short term aging. I know they are out of most of the juice I got in the fall but would also be interested in what all you're picking up and which wines will be blended.

Are you going to stop at any of the wineries in PA, like Presque Isle. It would give you an opportunity to pick up some supplies without mail ordering. When are you leaving?

Dan,

If she's going to be at Walkers, you should meet up near erie somewhere. It's just a hop skip and a jump for you.

We'll stop at a few wineries in NYS, as we have time. It all depends on traffic and what time we get started... usually on the road by 4:30am! We're going to leave home Thursday afternoon, I hope and then drive as far as we can stand that night before stopping. Usually we get at least 6 hrs in... again, depends on how quick I get out of work.

Debbie

Saturday our Fire Department is hosting it's first annual poker run. We have a 102 mile trip planned out with 3 stops along the way. Afterwards it will be food and beverages at the department.

Sounds like a great time! I've never actually tried a poker run before, but every so often I see them around here! If I was out that way I might give it a try!

Have been watching the Tour de France every day for the last 2.5 weeks. Since all the dopers are gone its absolutely been boring..... :)

I opened a bottle of the Wine Spectator 2010 #50 Wine, the 2007 Château de Flaugergues (91pts) to try and get into tonights stage and it was not any better than my CC Showcase Chateau du Pays...... :d

Thank heavens I have several more to try just in case this was a corked bottle. I may just have to do a blind taste taste with friends and see which wine they prefer.

Doug I'll just give you my appointment book and you can pencil it in for me.

LOL It all depends. Thats why I asked her when she was passing through.

Did the time and date I penciled in work for you? Figured that's why you were asking. It would be cool to so close to so many good wineries. I rarely get up near the Erie area.

Funny thing is Doug I only go to a few of them. If they don't sell supplies, juice or bottles I rarely go to them unless we're taking friends on a tour. Seems like I am always discovering a bunch more near by in Ohio and NY and some of them are pretty dang nice and others seem to be in their garage.

Funny thing is Doug I only go to a few of them. If they don't sell supplies, juice or bottles I rarely go to them unless we're taking friends on a tour. Seems like I am always discovering a bunch more near by in Ohio and NY and some of them are pretty dang nice and others seem to be in their garage.

We talked about doing a winery tour in your area. Maybe we actually will this year. I'm still waiting to make it over to luva bella.

Doug Luva Bella isn't that far from you and well worth the trip. Time it for lunch. Just do it.

If you were coming up to this area for wine tasting think about a side trip to Walker's as it would only be another 1/2 away from these wineries and there are a bunch of small ones in NY along the way.

Also consider touring the Wineries in Ohio around Geneva on the Lake. There are a bunch of real nice ones with fine eating establishments.

Doug Luva Bella isn't that far from you and well worth the trip. Time it for lunch. Just do it.

If you were coming up to this area for wine tasting think about a side trip to Walker's as it would only be another 1/2 away from these wineries and there are a bunch of small ones in NY along the way.

Also consider touring the Wineries in Ohio around Geneva on the Lake. There are a bunch of real nice ones with fine eating establishments.

Less room for wine :d

Luva Bella should only be about an hour from me If I looked at the google map correctly. Definately want to try a walkers trip sometime as well. I may hit presque when they have juice. My son's girlfriend likes their Cataba.

Just finished changing my daughter and son-in law's electrical service. Wow, was that a warm job. :dg

Works been really busy lately. Will start to make more wine as soon as the temperatures cools a bit. Rushed wine tastes like rotgut swill.
Keep cool folks.

Well my son just called from SC. He was heading to the gate at MCAS Beaufort as a civilian. Today is his last day as an active duty U.S. Marine. I can't wait til he is home safe tonight.

trying to stay cool. ABC (Philly) predicting 105* actual temp by 5PM

Well my son just called from SC. He was heading to the gate at MCAS Beaufort as a civilian. Today is his last day as an active duty U.S. Marine. I can't wait til he is home safe tonight.

Doug, Welcome home to your son. And thanks to him for keeping us safe!!

Latest posts

Back