What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "fruit purveyor". Its fruit that the retail stores refuse because over ripe.

Steamed 14 lbs of strawberries to make an fpac for the strawberry wine. Getting ready to head out and hang in the pool while the strawberry juice simmers...

THAT sounds relaxing and refreshing! Was out in the garden a bit this morning, made coleslaw and macaroni salad. With the predicted heat and humidity the next few days, no one around here will be wanting HOT food!

Debbie

Recipe??? I don't have a recipe!! I make it a little different each time! But I'll take YOUR recipes!

Debbie

OK... so I am printing a map of how to get to Walker's for our trip in Aug. Google Earth shows me that they are sort of in the middle of nothing... is that right? Google wanted to take me a long way around, and by playing around with my route, I found a way to stay on I-90 longer to save time. It appears they aren't far off the Interstate, as the crow flies! I can't wait to see it all! I'll drag back as much as the car will hold! Tonight is Wine Club meeting, and I'll ask the group what they want me to pick up for them.

Debbie

Walker's is in the middle of nothing about 10 minutes off the Dunkirk exit. Make sure you put it in your GPS before leaving. From I-90 head north to Rt.20 (about 1/2 mile) and then take a left (east) several miles to rt.39 and it right down the road about 4-5 miles on the left.

Actually since you are going on the way back home you may want to get off at Silver Creek exit. Not that I want to tell you where to get off at. You won't need to worry about timing though. As I'm responding to you, I just remembered Walkers is closed!

As I was checking their site... I just saw that! I can't believe it!! We're going to call and see if we can arrange pick up of 12 pails... maybe they will, who knows! They ship at this time of year... easier to get the shipment ready and let me pick it up!

Debbie

Quilting today... just screwed up the pattern so i figured id hop on here before picking the dang seams!!UGHHHHHH!!!!

Bottled five gallons of Rosso Fortisimo - with "Super Size Grape Pack" CC Limited 2010. Ten 375 ml and twenty 750 ml. One gallon was blended with Valpolicella Ripasso to make a delicious Rubio blend. Taste is very good. Fruit forward, very full body. Nose is still very tight and chemically, that I know will subside on several months.

As I was checking their site... I just saw that! I can't believe it!! We're going to call and see if we can arrange pick up of 12 pails... maybe they will, who knows! They ship at this time of year... easier to get the shipment ready and let me pick it up!

Debbie

Debbie, also keep in mind they do not except charge cards. Cash or check only.

I moved peach wine from the primary to the secondary. Racked two others and racked 5 gallons of beer to another carboy then brewed another batch of American Light Ale. Then went to the store for Skeeter Pee supplies came home and left again on a motorcycle ride. Time for bed.

Getting ready to take the wife to the airtport, she has to go out of town for 4 days for business. After that we are heading to Settlers cabin park for a bit. They finally upgraded their playground equipment which was very old and almost non-existent. We will then go to the pool place and get filter sand and a small vaccuum set up for cleaning the pool bottom. Filter comes tomorrow according to fed-ex tracking.

Back