What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice day to stay at home. :b

Julie

I agree, we are allowed to work from home 1 day every 2 weeks. I chose every other Friday. It works out nicely because I keep my daughter at home with me those days so we don't have to pay for daycare and I can get stuff done around the house. I usually start working at 5:30 those days and I'm done an hour sooner than a normal day.

Here's my baby...
main.php

Last edited:
Doud, very nice looking child you have there, and she looks so happy! As for you. ya lucky dog being able to work at home like that..very cool!:b

LOL, now I totally understand why it is so difficult to tell her no. She is adorable.

Julie

Messing with a 14 gallon jug of elderberry.
Added 1 1/2 pounds of sugar. Have been adding sugar for the b past 3 months to see haow it works out.

Has a nice flavor now so I may let it ferment out and stabilize.

Waiting for snow to fall in the amt of 12-18". More if the storm changes route.

Nothing as I spent 1 1/2 hours waiting at the doctors office for my wife who is now in a cast and cant rive then another 1/2 an hour waiting for her prescription. Left work at 4:00 and got home at 7:30. On the other hand I have to work tomorrow with some OT, its the first time anyone has gotten any OT in almost 2 years but its not goig to happen again, its just an emergency job they forgot all about but Ill take it!

Came out ahead on the taxes. An emergency boiler upgrade in November saved the day. Thank you energy credit!

Thats cool Mud. Something you actually needed came back to help you! I havent had our taxes done yet but we usually make out pretty good as I have $10 taken out extra every week for Fed. The first year I didnt do that we owed a little over $4000 for some reason and I never want that to happen again!

did my taxes today. I can pay off a couple of credit cards and put them away until next christmas.
And maybe have enough for tution...

Sure was a nice switch, Wade. And yeah, we'll be paying down some debt, too.

Snow

Holy Cow,

We have 21" of snow on our deck! And more is still coming! :db

Julie

Have 15" of SNOW @ 8AM so far. weather reports say should be 24" or so by 7PM

Well here is my patio table that did not have any snow on it yesterday afternoon. In the bottom right hand corner of the table is a 3 liter jug of pumpkin wine I was cold stablizing.

Still snowing, calling for another 3" by noon. If it doesn't stop soon, we will bypass that.

Julie

Snow 2010.jpg

Thats about what our table looks like except I think we have about 26 inches. I got called out at 9:30 last night for wires down and I haven't stopped since. We probably cut up over 40-50 trees that were down blocking the roadway last night. Came home at 730 shoveled my driveway so I could park, now I'm going to take a shower and pass out only to do it all again in about 3 hours. Oh joy.....

Well, the news is saying that it is no longer snowing in Butler county, I'm looking out my window and it is snowing quite hard and I live in Butler county.

Way more snow that what they predicted. Mike is still trying to plow out the driveway, the only vechile that we can get out of the driveway is the jeep and that is because he has a lift kit on it. The driveway had 28 inches of snow 7 am.

Julie

I am envious.:slp
I live in Michigan, and I have only been able to use my cross country skis once this year.
It seems like most of the snow has gone south or north of us this year leavin us with frozen grass, not good for skiing.:tz

I know it is odd to complain about not having snow..........but if it is going to be cold I like to have something to play in.

Latest posts

Back