What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silly weather, you saw my post above of all the snow. Today I went to Presque Isle Wine Cellar to pick up some Yeast Culture and the Fish Commision was there stocking the creek with some Steelhead Trout.

IMG_20110401_111028.jpg

IMG_20110401_111007.jpg

IMG_20110401_110826.jpg

Silly weather, you saw my post above of all the snow. Today I went to Presque Isle Wine Cellar to pick up some Yeast Culture and the Fish Commision was there stocking the creek with some Steelhead Trout.

IMG_20110401_111028.jpg

IMG_20110401_111007.jpg

IMG_20110401_110826.jpg

Dan how far are you away from the Lake Erie I haven't gone fishing there in about 3 years my friend and his son go every year around late october. Carmine

It was a rough week at work. Just glad it's the weekend. Can't wait to save some money up to buy some land and become my own boss.

It was a rough week at work. Just glad it's the weekend. Can't wait to save some money up to buy some land and become my own boss.

LMAO be careful what you wish for. Be glad you have a job you can walk away from each day and leave the head aches and worries for the boss. I having your own business would have it's perks but it's certainly not all gravey.

LMAO be careful what you wish for. Be glad you have a job you can walk away from each day and leave the head aches and worries for the boss. I having your own business would have it's perks but it's certainly not all gravey.

I will second that Dan! Watch what you ask for there!

Yea I hear you guys, it is really nice to walk out the door and leave the work there even though this weekend I will be working from home to meet somee deadlines that are staring me in the face.

Being your own boss means you can never get away from him, your boss is ALWAYS there and on your case.

When I did own my own business, I found the customer was the real boss and they are far worse than what I put up with now. I would like a hobby that made me a few hundred extra a month, but not make a living off of it again.

So, plans for tomorrow include getting to Home Depot to build at the Kid's Workshop with Tristen. Gotta pick up something for the beans to climb and get them in the ground.

So, plans for tomorrow include getting to Home Depot to build at the Kid's Workshop with Tristen. Gotta pick up something for the beans to climb and get them in the ground.

Thanks for the idea. We did a few of them in the past and my girls would like making a planter box. We skipped March and I forgot tomorrow is the day. Lowes does them 2x a month if you have one nearby.

Had an appraiser over to appraise the house. He walks into the kitchen and the first thing out of his mouth was "Home made wine? Is it yours?" turns out he has been making wine for about the past 4 years, mostly kits. I told him about the forum so we may have another WPa/er.

What did you say when he asked if it was yours, did you use the old "No, Im holding it for a friend"? LOL

Went to home depot and built a frame with some veggie netting for the pea plants. Gave them something to climb up. I still have 1/2 a tray of pea seedlings to get into the ground.
Need to build those raised beds but the weather hasn't been very kind lately.

Did some maintenance on the old furnace, put up the gazebo roof and will print out and cut out my labels for the Chard I bottled last week. Tomorrow Ill apply them, encapsulate them and shelf them and maybe bottle the Blueberry Melomel using the new filler! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Racked my Blk Cherry/Concord to the secondary and racked my Shiraz/Zin and put in in the celler for bulk ageing. Looking forward to starting my Lodi old vine zin very soon. Maybe tomorrow since I have nothing in a primary now. I also planted a cherry and plum tree yesterday so I should be able to make some wine from them in a few years. :db I have 7 cases of bottles soaking in the tub downstairs so I can delable them tonight. Oh boy.. :spm

Latest posts

Back