What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting up now. Had our local wine judging event last night. OUr Home Brew store hosts the event. You enter some wine you made(kit from their store or home-made) I won second with my Zinfandel. I was up against about 18 other zins. Won an RJS cellar classic kit. Pretty happy about that. :try

This event is a great way to try wines you may want to make. Reps from the kit companies are there and there is samples of almost every kit provided by the HBS. They have them already aged so you can try them out.

I think I need to start spitting after tasting. I always think that's strange when some of the folks are spitting wine out but my head is pretty sore his morning!

I made notes all night but my writing gets pretty sloppy near the end when I got to the ice wine and sherries! :dg

Just getting back to reality after a sun-filled week in Ft. Myers Florida.

Well today I tilled the garden and can't wait to start putting some plants in. I racked my shiraz/zin last night. I attended the first of the south central PA wine club on Wed evening. It was great there was about 15 people there and they all brought wine that they had made. I met many new friends and enjoyed their wine and they enjoyed the SP I took with me. (Thanks Lon)! I gave some advice and got some and I also let some of the people know about this great forum I am on. Winemakingtalk.com. So hopefully we will have some more SC PAers join in the fun here. So heres to everybody on here that makes this place so much fun. Thanks all!!!!!:try:try:try

Well today I tilled the garden and can't wait to start putting some plants in. I racked my shiraz/zin last night. I attended the first of the south central PA wine club on Wed evening. It was great there was about 15 people there and they all brought wine that they had made. I met many new friends and enjoyed their wine and they enjoyed the SP I took with me. (Thanks Lon)! I gave some advice and got some and I also let some of the people know about this great forum I am on. Winemakingtalk.com. So hopefully we will have some more SC PAers join in the fun here. So heres to everybody on here that makes this place so much fun. Thanks all!!!!!:try:try:try

Brian must be nice to have clear ground and dry no less. Most of my snow has melted but the yard and garden is a muddy mess. Something I did for giving out info about this forum I made up business cards on the computer with my info plus the address for this forum. I use them to pass out at wine competitions or other gatherings when I want to get to know someone better. Just a lot easier than trying to write stuff down on a napkin or scrap paper.

Well the only wine work I have done so far is run around getting supplies to ship out. Had to go pick up another 30 racking canes, order 30 elbows, make some more dble bungs, get printer cartridges to make me some lables as the wife and the kids drained both the black and the color without telling me!!!!!!!! :m Now I get to finally print them and start applying them to get the 4 cases of bottles out of my wine room and into the cellar so i can hopefully bottle something else tomorrow.

Well the only wine work I have done so far is run around getting supplies to ship out. Had to go pick up another 30 racking canes, order 30 elbows, make some more dble bungs, get printer cartridges to make me some lables as the wife and the kids drained both the black and the color without telling me!!!!!!!! :m Now I get to finally print them and start applying them to get the 4 cases of bottles out of my wine room and into the cellar so i can hopefully bottle something else tomorrow.

Since you are into shipping more than you are into bottling wine, just ship those carboys to me and I'll bottle them AND even share them with you when you come to visit. :hug :)

I have a lot of racking hose, how about I just ship you one end of the hose and you turn on your pump and rack it over to save me on shipping costs! You may have to turn your pump on high though! :)

I have a lot of racking hose, how about I just ship you one end of the hose and you turn on your pump and rack it over to save me on shipping costs! You may have to turn your pump on high though! :)

ROFLMAO, k I'm gamed :db:db:db:db:db:db

Just got back from work. Now I need to label and crate the Strawberry and Kiwi-Stawberry wine (60 bottles) that I bottled yesterday. Oh, and add that to my "wine Cellar"

Got the labels made and cut but then got involved in packing up 2 packages to ship out tomorrow and dont have it in me to label those 49 bottles and capsule them, Theres always tomorow! :re

Latest posts

Back