What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???? I thought you'd had that going shortly after you all pressed them, so you froze your juice??

I did the Reds, I only had two empty carboys at the time so I froze the noble juice and a 6 gallon bucket of skins. I need to thaw everything and get another batch going, I have an empty 6 gallon and an empty 3 gallon now.

I racked my SP into the sceondary last night SG 1.000 and of course had to test it a little..Very nice... It was still bubbling away this morning on its way to dry. It looks like a nice carboy of lemonade. Will post pics soon. Man I love this habit.. onto the Kiwi..

well did a final rack on my petit verdot and wife helped(mistake) seems she really loves it 2 glasses is how much in fact she helped me drain the carboy of half a glass more even with a bit of sediment then she wanted some of her blackberry that was almost a bottle ago lol Thank God she doesn't like to drink wine.....LOL

What a day! Left work drove 45 min home got a call from the alarm company, glass breakage police dispatched! ( I own a Jewelry Store) Hauled *** back to the store, get there the to find the glass on my front door shattered!!! Next building overs big picture window shattered! Cops suspect some teenagers driving around with a bee bee gun. Luckily it only Broke the Outer glass so had to tape it all up so it wont fall out all over the sidewalk. Boy This is gona be great for Black Friday, (I doubt my insurance company will get it replaced till next week):po

On the flip side i stopped at the LHBS and picked up some wine Tannin so i could add that to my Skeeter Tea & Skeeter Pee! Adding my Yeast Slurry Tomorrow! Can't Wait to Try it, it smells amazing!

In the primary went 5 quarts of canned bing cherries, 5lbs of blackberries, 1 1/2 gallons of water, 1/4tsp of k-meta.. pectic goes in, in a couple hours..

:db

Took a vacation day from work today and I'm off the rest of the week for Thanksgiving holiday. Since we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday this year, my son and I are heading to Kure beach North Carolina for a 24 hour fishing marathon on the pier. Given that there is never a bad day at the beach, its going to be a grand day!!! :fsh

Need to get my Cranapple Chardonnay filtered today so it's ready for Xmas .Then off to see Johnny Reid in concert tonight :D .

Need to get my Cranapple Chardonnay filtered today so it's ready for Xmas .Then off to see Johnny Reid in concert tonight :D .

Country with a Scottish twang!? I hear he's pretty good.
I'm off to see Tim tonight at the LE tasting.

Wish the tasting was a little earlier then we could have done both in one trip. Have a good time and let us know what you think of the new wines and Tim . You will probably learn some good stuff.

Later today getting my 2 Turkeys prepped for smoking them early AM

Just started 6 gallons of Apple Cider Mead. Just for reference the apple cider had a specific gravity of 1.050. After adding 6 pounds of honey it raised it to 1.080, perfect for 10%ABV

I am excited about this one and will be taking "better" notes and may have to start my own "Recipe" WebLog.

I just hope the rest of the family doesn't pick up on the fact I now have 4 six gallon primary buckets, 3 five gal. carboys, 1 three and 3 one gallon carboys upstairs scattered about.

Maybe I need to disquise them like shepards.:)

Hoping to get out of work early today. Need to clean the carpets and start getting everything ready for tomorrow. I'll do as much as I can today to make life easier tomorrow.

Smoking a turkey and a butt. The butt is for pulled pork sandwiches.

Plus getting things ready for tomorrow's turkey carcass. Turkey and sausage gumbo. Sausage is done, roux is next.

And tomorrow I'll be enjoying everything with beer or a glass of Chateau de Dupa.

Happy Thanksgiving all,
John, Cypress Tx.

Racked Elder-P to secondary this am. This eve I need to do *something* - all airlocks and most carboys are in use. I have one 6g left that will get Elder blush tomorrow or Friday. I have one 3g left that will get 1/2 of the IM Cab/BB tonight or tomorrow.

None left for racking and no airlocks to go in these last two ....

I guess I should bottle something before I do anything else :)

had a fun day went to doctor this morning he wants to scope my knee and take a screw out, also tried to find out whats going on with daughters car still no luck but getting more and more narrow as we go lol. Now gotta get ready for turkey day tomorrow only cooking for 3 so seems kinda weird but hey it'll be fun I'll be alone for most of the day ohhhhhhh the pain of it all LOL

Went and picked up a new .45 micron filter for my enolmatic. Picked up a new laptop yesterday as my old one crapped out. Best Buy wanted $100 to transfer everything from the old one to the new one but I opted out. When I was in Wally World I noticed they had a simple transfer cord for $25.00 so I thought I would try it out. Wow it was the cats a$$. It not only tansfered all of my document files but also my email settings,contacts and files. It also move all the short cuts on the screen and everything you saved in your favorates. Pretty cool and well worth the $25.00.DML532

Ended up taking today off, bought groceries, got my cole slaw done, pie made, and devil eggs that doesn't know about :) Will be roasting a turkey on the grill and making a turken. Cooking for 7 this year.

:thg

Went to my local and bought some supplies. A new carboy brush, an acid test kit some corks and small bottles for my skeeter pee. I also went to the local grocery store and picked up some black cherry/concord 100% juice which will be in the primary Friday.. It is empty and I just can't stand it.. haha :D:D:D:sm

Off to look up a recipe for it... Ye Haw!

Got up bright and early to start the fixins for 8 or 9. Racked my J Reisling, Merlot, Ruby Cabernet, Pinot Noir and Chablis. All have good flavors now and all fermented to .992. Turkey should be ready soon, dinner is for 5ish. We invited our local police officers that were working and also our local EMS crew. We try to do that on the holidays and it is the least we can do since they are unable to spend the holiday with family and it is our way of saying thanks for being there for the community.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, please remember to say a prayer for all of our Military personnel.

Started my first ever skeeter pee using a red muscadine slurry. I can already tell I made a huge mistake!!! I only started a 5 gallon batch and the way it looks and smells, this isn't going to be enough!

The slurry I used was still very active and this has everything bubbling along very nicely! Wasn't hard to get this one going at all.

Back