What are you kicking off the New Year with?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope!

I am Kicking the New year off with Hope!

Hope, that these carboys might actually stop bubbling and begin to clear.

Hope, that I can finally taste something, anything! and assess how well or how badly it turned out, before I start anything else.

I have one carboy that has been happily and steadily bubbling for over 8 weeks now, and It has absolutely no intentions of slowing down. I am sure It laughs at me.

Going to a few supermarkets in the next few days and see if they have any suitable juices for skeeter pee on sale.

Preferably apple, lemon, grape or peach.

Fresh fruit is probably an arm and a leg, but Hope springs eternal, so I will check the fresh produce section out too.

Last edited:
Well im Kicking off New Years with a Bash at my house. Friends will probably finish off whats left of my apfelwein.

As for next in line for the primaries is in no peticular order:
Blackberry
Chocolate Strawberry Port
Tropical Fruit Salad
Apfelwein
Maybe another kit, (more than likely a juice bucket)

Spending a quiet evening at home with the wife. We'll share a bottle of Montepulciano and watch a movie.

tommorow we leave the world of Kit wine and start a batch Wade's Chocolate Strawberry Port.

Going to bed by 8:30pm so I can get ready for work at 4:30am. I work saturday and sunday, 12 hrs each day, then the next 4 days off. Gonna redesign and rebuild my wine rack and put it in my bedroom where the baby can't climb it daily.

Back