Western PA'er's luncheon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have a full case of assorted bottles that the group may pick from. Everything from Cho Raspberry Port, Synergy II, Apple, Red Mountain Merlot & whatever else I have extras of.
AL

WOW! I am overwhelmed! BTW like I said before I did bring some of my homemade sauce to share. I only hope I brought enough.

I just dropped the wifey off at her office here. She's sad that she cannot join us today. She'll get over it!
See you all soon!

I just dropped the wifey off at her office here. She's sad that she cannot join us today. She'll get over it!
See you all soon!

Yeppers, If you're interested in checking out any Brew Stores, I know there is Country Wines in the North Hills on Babcock Blvd and they also have a Sister Store in Greentree, it's South Hills Brewing on Noblestown Road. Neither store opens until 11:00 and they are open until 7:00 pm.

Yeppers, If you're interested in checking out any Brew Stores, I know there is Country Wines in the North Hills on Babcock Blvd and they also have a Sister Store in Greentree, it's South Hills Brewing on Noblestown Road. Neither store opens until 11:00 and they are open until 7:00 pm.

Thanks and I was at the one just south of here yesterday. I didn't get anything really just kind of checked it out to keep myself busy. Trying to finish up a bid this morning that is due on Friday. From the weather reports I might be emailing it back to my office.

Thanks be to all of you who came out to Q S & L today. Lunch was great as well as the conversation and now being able to put a face on a name.
The wine trading was a plus and I can't wait to get some of mine finished so I can do the same for the next person as well as each of you. Thank you all for the wine as well as Kevininpa who sent his along. I have a pic to post when I get it downloaded.

Last edited:
Cheers! I can't wait to meet more of you.

Left to right are Flem, Almargita, Runningwolf, Julie, ffemt28, Redtrk,djrockinsteve

Copy of Western PA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks I had a great time talking to you all at lunch and it was nice to meet Rick (Redtrk) and Mike (flem) for the first time who are just getting into wine making. Thanks to Kevininpa for sending down a case of wine to share and to Steve who went out of his way to pick up a boat load of ice wine bottles for Julie and I.

It was definately good to get together again and equally as important to meet some new friends from the forum. Always good to put a face with a name. Thanks to KevininPa who so graciously sent down a case of wine even though he was unable to attend. I'm looking forward to the next get together.

Maybe we could do something late March or April after the weather starts to break at our place here. We'll have to work on the logistics of that.

Rick and Mike, welcome to the obsession, it only gets better from here.

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for inviting me to the "inner sanctum" of the Western PA'ers.
It's always nice to put faces to avatars. I've decided I don't need to make any wine---I just need to come to these luncheons. I think we should have them every other week. What do you think, Rick? All kidding aside, Thanks to all of you for your donations. It'll give this rookie an idea of what the "home wine maker" is capable of producing. I look forward to the time when I can return the favor.
A special thank-you to Kevininpa for the case you sent down. I look forward to meeting you.
Dan, you SOB, you may have created a monster. hahaha!

Cheers!
Mike

We always look forward to getting together and sharing. As mentioned above it's nice to put a face to an avatar and a personality on here.

Again with all the trading going on in the parking lot it looks like some shady deals going on, I mean just look at the stranger on the right of the picture. Where did he come from:)

KevinPa, sorry you were unable to make it. Maybe next time and what generoscity for sharing a case of wine. Very nice.

Dan and Julie, let's get those bottles filled asap, I'm sure Dougs working on another get together soon if not here.

I had a great time, even though I had to rush home and check my avatar, DAN! It is really great to meet some more members from the site. It was great exchanging wines and please don't forget to post up under the Other people's wines thread what you think of the wine you got.

I'm ready for a meeting back up at the Iron Bridge, scrambled eggs and reisling, hmmmm.

...Steve not only did I have to carry those 15 cases of bottles you got down into the basement but my new rack also arrived while I was gone!

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for inviting me to the "inner sanctum" of the Western PA'ers.
It's always nice to put faces to avatars. I've decided I don't need to make any wine---I just need to come to these luncheons. I think we should have them every other week. What do you think, Rick? All kidding aside, Thanks to all of you for your donations. It'll give this rookie an idea of what the "home wine maker" is capable of producing. I look forward to the time when I can return the favor.
A special thank-you to Kevininpa for the case you sent down. I look forward to meeting you.
Dan, you SOB, you may have created a monster. hahaha!

Cheers!
Mike

I'm with you brother let's set one up for next month. lol!!!!!
Vicki walked in tonight and said HOLY $H*T! :db I think she likes you all of you too sight unseen.

Hi All:

Just woke after a short nap after returning home. Of course on ariving home the wife & I had to sample some of the wine (hence the nap) We tried a few glasses of Kevin's Blush & it was very good, nice medium sweet wine. It was nice meeting everyone & hope to be able to get together again at the next gathering. Received a great collection of different kinds of wine to sample. Will probably be asking for some recipes of my favorite blends.
Thanks again eveyone.......
Al

Hi All:

Just woke after a short nap after returning home. Of course on ariving home the wife & I had to sample some of the wine (hence the nap) We tried a few glasses of Kevin's Blush & it was very good, nice medium sweet wine. It was nice meeting everyone & hope to be able to get together again at the next gathering. Received a great collection of different kinds of wine to sample. Will probably be asking for some recipes of my favorite blends.
Thanks again eveyone.......
Al

AncientChineseSecret.png
:)

Dan, what time is the funeral? You know the one for you when Julie see's what you did to her avatar.

Latest posts

Back