Western PA'er's luncheon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Ok, looks like some of us will be meeting with Redtrk on Wednesday. Primanti Bros or does anyone want to meet at Quaker State & Lube, it is in the same place. Both are PA restaurants and that is what I like to introduce to out of staters.

Anyway, post up here to those who are going to make it on Wednesday, I say we try to meet around 11:30 am, does this sound good for everyone?

Julie,
I been to Quaker State for WINGS. They still have a tractor on top of the building?

If there's food i'll be there weather permitting! It doesn't matter to me which place we go to. Cole slaw and french fries on a hamburg was a bit much for me last time.

I only know of one Quaker State and lube. It was 20+ years ago. The story I heard it was a truck repair shop abd a small restaurent and wwere known for their wings. If they have 2 places do both have a cab from a tractor trailer on top of one of the buildings? I think it was between P-burg and Ohio

roflmao, ok, Dan let's do Quaker State this time, they do not serve cole slaw on there sammies plus their wings and their sammies are great. Redtrk the address is: 1298 Freedom Road, Cranberry Twp., PA 16066same

It is in the area as Primanti Bros. Does 11:30 sound good for everyone?

Any Tom, not sure it they still have a big tractor on top, I think so but they do have some great tasting wings.

That would be in Hermitage, Tom, and I am not sure if they still do, but that is where it all started. Now they are in several states.

roflmao, ok, Dan let's do Quaker State this time, they do not serve cole slaw on there sammies plus their wings and their sammies are great. Redtrk the address is: 1298 Freedom Road, Cranberry Twp., PA 16066same

It is in the area as Primanti Bros. Does 11:30 sound good for everyone?

Any Tom, not sure it they still have a big tractor on top, I think so but they do have some great tasting wings.

Got it and oh I am so familiar with QS&L as we have them here. It might seem kinda weird though not being on my bike!

As for the original restaurant it was a Quaker State oil change center. When the new owners bought the building to make a restaurant they kept the car theme and used the name with minor changes of course and the rest is history.

Yup Julie is correct and now they are franchising them out. They all have race cars and motorcycles hanging from ceilings through out. I use to eat lunch at the one you went to. It was one of the locations I traveled to weekly in the tri state area.

These are the one by me. The first one is my Wednesday bike night hangout.

Quaker Steak and Lube -
590 Chamber Drive, Milford, Ohio

Quaker Steak & Lube
3737 Stone Creek Boulevard, Cincinnati, Ohio

Quaker Steak and Lube
3725 Presidential Drive, Fairborn, Ohio (Dayton)

If I recall correctly, QS&L has booth(s) at PNC Park (Pirates home field).

Steve

LOL, you were autometically counted in whether she was working or not!

Hey guys seriously let me know if you have any special requests that you want me to bring down. Steve, Walkers is out of the juice you wanted.

Dan, I heard Walkers is in depression for not seeing you for a few weeks.

Definitely need to know everyones requests, sweet, dry etc.

LOL, Mike is in also, he said no way was I going to Quaker State without him. Dan, I will be sending you my request. :tz

How soon you forget about Rick (the whole reason we're getting together).
Rick, pack light as you'll be taking cargo home with you. get your request in. Julie will head off the ATF when you leave the parking lot.

Latest posts

Back