Western PA Regional meeting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, we are down to less than three weeks, let's get a final count of who is coming. Can everyone who is still planning on our picnic please chime in with how many will be coming with you?

thanks.

Figures, we rarely have anything planned and on this day we were invited to my wife's boss's daughter's grad party and a good friend of mine's son's grad party. We have 3 different things to do this day. Guess what....

We'll be there....it will be myself, my wife (better half) and our 3 y/o daughter. You can count that as 2 1/2 or 3.

We were planning on bringing a pasta salad, and can bring plates, napkins and plastic (heavy plastic) silverware.

I offered before, we also have an easy up and 2 folding tables about 30x42 in length if we need to bring them it's no problem.

If there is anything else, let me know.

Me and Kat will be there. I have to book the room at the bed & breakfast on pay day this week.

Well the b&b is already booked by a wedding group that day and I tried calling hotel saxonburg a few times and it just ran and rang and rang to no avail. If that's how they provide customer service Ill pass on that one. Any other suggestions Julie?

I just got back from South Hills Brewing Supply. They have doubled the size of their Greentree store. Wow, it's only been 3 weeks since I was there and to say the least I was shocked. The are now carrying Wine Expert, Cellar Craft and the new addtion of R J Spagnols.

Anyway, what does that have to do with our picnic. I previously mentioned, when Dan was joking about his toys being door prizes, about seeing about a donation from them. I met the owner, Jon and he was kind enough to supply us with 2 - $25.00 gift certificates for our picnic. Certificates are good at any of their locations including Country wines.

Now someone has to remind me to bring them to the picnic.

Hotel Saxonburg is completely booked due to a wedding. Tried calling Jenny's Guestroom and only got voicemail....
Any suggestions?

Hotel Saxonburg is completely booked due to a wedding. Tried calling Jenny's Guestroom and only got voicemail....
Any suggestions?

Dan, I just pm'd you. If you can't get ahold of Jenny's there is a Comfort Inn 8 miles away. Also, Armstrong Bed and Breakfast, they are about 3 miles away.

It doesn't surprise me about Saxonburg Hotel, they only rent 1 or 2 rooms just so that can keep Hotel in their name. I won't stay there.

Ended up missing a call from Jenny's. I'll try back tomorrow morning. Sounds like a nice place. If that doesn't work, there is the comfort inn.

Julie
Two for sure, my son and his fiance are still trying to get off work that day. (I think they have been procrastinating)

What town is the Comfort Inn in? We were thinking about the Holiday Inn in Cranberry Twp..

Julie
Two for sure, my son and his fiance are still trying to get off work that day. (I think they have been procrastinating)

What town is the Comfort Inn in? We were thinking about the Holiday Inn in Cranberry Twp..

It is in Butler and this would be closer to us than Cranberry. Here is the address:

1 Comfort Ln
Butler, PA 16001
(866) 969-8065

Here is the confirmation list and food list. If anything needs changed just post the change and I will put it all together.

Main course will be Ribs & wings, if anyone is interested in pitching in on the cost that would be appreciated

Runningwolf 4 Macaroni Salad

Xanxer82 2 Double Chocolate cupcakes

Rodo 2 Marinated turkey breasts (maybe 4)

ffemt 21/2 Anti pasta, paper plates, silverware,
napkins
Wyntheef 2? Not a confirmation on this thread but
mention on another thead he was still
coming
Julie 2 potato skins and maybe a couple
appetizers. When I start cooking I
kinda get out of control, God knows
what I will decide to make.

If anyone else is coming please confirm that and if you decide at the last minute just come on over.

Here is the confirmation list and food list. If anything needs changed just post the change and I will put it all together.

Main course will be Ribs & wings, if anyone is interested in pitching in on the cost that would be appreciated

Runningwolf 4 Macaroni Salad

Xanxer82 2 Double Chocolate cupcakes

Rodo 2 Marinated turkey breasts (maybe 4)

ffemt 21/2 Anti pasta, paper plates, silverware,
napkins
Wyntheef 2? Not a confirmation on this thread but
mention on another thead he was still
coming
Julie 2 potato skins and maybe a couple
appetizers. When I start cooking I
kinda get out of control, God knows
what I will decide to make.

If anyone else is coming please confirm that and if you decide at the last minute just come on over.

Looks good and we'll gladly kick in for cost of ribs and wings. I decided that I was also going to try my hand at baking. I like to cook but I never made a pie before. I'm going to make a strawberry pie also. You guys can be the guini pigs for it.

Looks good and we'll gladly kick in for cost of ribs and wings. I decided that I was also going to try my hand at baking. I like to cook but I never made a pie before. I'm going to make a strawberry pie also. You guys can be the guini pigs for it.

LOL, Oh No!!!!!

When I was very young (not so long ago:)) my Mom gave me a cook book. I took it upon myself to make a strawberry pie.

I used graham crackers and a little butter to make the crust then filled it with strawberries.

THEN I BAKED IT! My Dad did have a piece. Not positive what happened to the rest but I bet it went in the trash. I will never forget that.

Doug. DON'T BAKE THE PIE!:):):)

When I was very young (not so long ago:)) my Mom gave me a cook book. I took it upon myself to make a strawberry pie.

I used graham crackers and a little butter to make the crust then filled it with strawberries.

THEN I BAKED IT! My Dad did have a piece. Not positive what happened to the rest but I bet it went in the trash. I will never forget that.

Doug. DON'T BAKE THE PIE!:):):)

Hey I'm a good cook. I've been told my nut rolls are some of the best out there. Even my MIL after several years admitted that. I have standing orders for them around Christmas.

All right you two no bikering. You never see anyone else doing that on here or instigating each other. Be adults and act responsible. If you need to use Tom, Wade and myself as an example! We learned from Troy.

threestooges.jpg

Runningwolf you are the epitome of innocence. :re

And trust me when I say, Nikki ain't sharing but she would probably be willing to do some trading .

Latest posts

Back