Western PA Regional meeting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Ok,

I think we need to start a thread dedicated to the meeting. DennisS can you tell me when your family union is?

I'll be watching this closely. You can count myself, my wife and our 3 y/o in for sure.

I told my oldest son about it and he asked if he could join us also. I said I'd ask.

Once we get things going further down the line afer we have an idea of date and number of people, we'll have to get a list together of what everyone will be bringing.

:h

I'll keep an eye on the thread. Depending on where you guys pick to meet up I might try to make it. I'm only like 40 minutes south of Gettysburg

Of Course Steve, I was going to pm you if you didn't show up online by today.

Doug, yes your son can come, you know he might not be the same after hanging out with all of us. Holy cow is this going to be nice.

I'm gong to start a list of people and post it just to make sure I have everyone. Mike and I were talking about a menu and we thought of having wings & ribs. How does this sound?

Of Course Steve, I was going to pm you if you didn't show up online by today.

Doug, yes your son can come, you know he might not be the same after hanging out with all of us. Holy cow is this going to be nice.

I'm gong to start a list of people and post it just to make sure I have everyone. Mike and I were talking about a menu and we thought of having wings & ribs. How does this sound?

Keeping a list is a great idea. Maybe update the original post the the person and # tentatively coming so everyone would have an idea of the # of people when it comes time to figure out who's bringing what.

Wings and Ribs sound yummy.

I kinda thought the ribs and wings would smoke him. :p

How about July 10th?

This is who I have down, did I miss anyone?
Runningwolf - 4
Ffemt - 3
Rodo - 4
Carmen - 2
Daisy - 2
Xaner - 2
djrockinsteve - 2
denniss - 2
Me - 2

Some of you guys are coming a good distance, if anyone is interested there is a bed and breakfast in town which is about a half a mile from my place, I can call to see what there rates are and if they are willing to give a discount. Let me know. Once we get a date down, then we will work on a food.

Last edited:
Julie,

We might be Me, My wife, our 3 y/o my son and his girlfriend. He started making mead this year and beer last year.

This is going to fun...The 10th should work for us.

I will most likely be the one who would not be able to do a Saturday. We have virtually every Saturday a wedding thru mid. December. This year we will exceed 50 weddings. I know July 10th is out for me, however if I may, I will give Doug a few bottles of wine for all to try.

Maybe next time.

DJ I am happy and bummed. I am happy to see you will have steady work throughout the summer, but was also looking forward to meeting you.

I'm generally available most Sundays thru Thursday. I too was psyched about meeting several of you.

When I was growing up on the farm we were all into the CB craze. Mongoose was my handle. We would go to parties to meet all the local cb'rs. It was very exciting. I have gotten that feeling again.

Those who moderate this site can see how many times I'm on, and often I don't log in, just sneek a peek.

I would really like to meet all of you and it will happen eventually I'm sure. I have some questions that would be easier to ask in person than typing.

Dj, if it doesn't happen this time there is still the rest of the year. We would like to do something later on like hitting the wineries up here and that would also give "yins" a chance to picked up some used bottles and fresh juice. Daisey got a small sample of that this past weekend and even avoided seeing me. LOL

Back