Western PA Regional meeting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know better than to trust the weather forcast but as of now the 10 day forecast if the 10th is calling for Partly cloudy and 82 with a 20% chance of precip. We can only hope they are correct.

Holy Cow, I just checked the weather for Saturday and I am now scared that I jinxed the day. It is calling for cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon w/a high of 78. This is good, no rain.

Doug, we won't need the tables but maybe some chairs. Actually if any of you guys have the camp/sling chairs that would probably work. I think I have enough but want to make sure.

Holy Cow, I just checked the weather for Saturday and I am now scared that I jinxed the day. It is calling for cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon w/a high of 78. This is good, no rain.

Doug, we won't need the tables but maybe some chairs. Actually if any of you guys have the camp/sling chairs that would probably work. I think I have enough but want to make sure.

I think I have 4 of the folding camp chairs. I'll throw them in the car along with the easy up just in case.

Just got home from a wonderful time. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did. Heres a pic of the forum members in attendance. I'm terrible with names but here we are.... Thanks everyone for a wonderful time. Looking forward to the next get together.

Forummembers2.jpg

WOW what a day! Thank you Julie and Mike for being such wonderful host's!

We had door Prizes and gave away three $25 gift certificates (2 from country wines and one from George at fine Vine Wines), and also 2 cases of empty bottles, misc bag of bungs and such and a bottle of wine donated from djsteve who could not make it. Also Rod and Michael passed out cool dvd's but I can't tell you what they are right now but someone else will step in and explain them (CRS syndrome). I will post pictures of food and wine first...OOOOO it was soooo good!!!!!

DSCN2046.jpg

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2044.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

Glad you all met and had a good time. More of us should do what U guys/gals did.

Now just imagine doing this EVERY month!. Well thats what my wine club does. The food is "Top Shelf".. Oh yea so is our wine :i
We even find time for a "Topic" to discuss

I can't tell you how proud I am to be a member of such a great forum. The bond here is like no other forum. It was so nice to get together with a few of you today on suce a beatiful day! Yes we did raise a toast to Nikki who was not permitted out of the corner after last night! Thank you everyone for such a great day and I hope everyone made it home or makes it home safely.

I am really looking forward to hosting the next one on August 14th.

Julie, Kat, Dan B, and Doug (emtff)
DSCN2040.jpg

Steve (winethief), Martha, Paul and Sue
DSCN2038.jpg

Michael(creator of our map) and parents Jeannie and Rod (Rodo)
MikeRodandJeannie.jpg

Left to Right..Doug, Rod, Sue, Dan, Julie, Michael, Steve, Kat and Dan. Did you notice that huge hops plant behind me?

DSCN2061.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you all met and had a good time. More of us should do what U guys/gals did.

Now just imagine doing this EVERY month!. Well thats what my wine club does. The food is "Top Shelf".. Oh yea so is our wine :i
We even find time for a "Topic" to discuss

Thanks Tom and I can't believe I left out the wine part. So much wine. Everyone brought wine to trade and sample. I have to tell you guys though, you think Rodo has a cool wine cellar...thats nothing! You have to taste his wine, OMG it is the very best I have had. All the wine was great but you know that one that takes you over the edge...his is a cliff hanger. Julies Hot pepper wine, now the took you completly over the edge (I want a bottle next time you make it please!). It was hot, drinkable and tasted damn good!!!

Julie..I hope you didn't have any hanger on'ers as I know you like to go to bed early. I wish I had gotten more pictures as I did not have any of Dougs wife, daughter and son's girlfriend. I am sure I miss a few others. All great people. Now get to bed and kick anyone left out to the porch...LMAO :gn

Well, there was about 12 bottles that were open, I am currently working on those.

Well, there was about 12 bottles that were open, I am currently working on those.

All by yourself??? Forgot to mention about Mikes Beer. It also was fantastic. I don't like most beer from most micro brewers but I did taste Mikes and it was very good!

Just heard on the news an excellent harvest forcasted for grapes this year and they are about three weeks early just like everything else.

Had a great time yestday. Nice to meet all of you and thanks for sharing all of your very nice wines, beer, food and company. kudos to Julie and Mike.:b

It was defiantely a good time. Mike and Julie were terrific host to open their house up to a bunch of strangers bearing gifts of alcohol and food. Everyone came from near and far to enjoy a day of friendship and good times. Glad to see all made it home safely so far.

Well, I am sitting here eating a piece of blueberry/strawberry pie for breakfast. Doug, I like this one the best. Mike and I had a blast! Kitchen is cleaned, no more cooking for today, we are going jeepin and eating leftovers when we get back.

Again, great time, food was great and I loved all the wines I tasted. And I will still be tasting for the next couple of days, LOL. Glad everyone made it home safely and Xanxer, you and Kat take your time going back to Maryland.

Last edited:
Hey who won all the door prizes? Hope they come in handy. We partied 6 hours but I thought about you often. Glad it was a beautiful day weather wise.

Hey who won all the door prizes? Hope they come in handy. We partied 6 hours but I thought about you often. Glad it was a beautiful day weather wise.

I know Mike, Julie's husband, won a SHBS gift certificate, Olesia and I both won a case of bottles, Dan's friend won your bottle of wine, Sammi won the airlocks, and I'm not sure who won the other gift certificates.

Latest posts

Back