Went garage sales today...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloo

Reaction score
and found (1) 6 gallon carboy, 2 primary fermenters, tubing and about 24 bottles for 20.00$. :h

nice job this means you have to start a new batch of wine to break in that new carboy

I went too, but all I found was an old 8mm movie camera, some steel stakes for the garden, and a vintage boat cushion.

I did see a carboy sitting on someone's step, so I snuck over there to check it out. It had a huge hole cut in the side so that they could stuff fake vines and twinkly lights in it. I almost cried at the waste of a good carboy.
70e8.gif

I replied to an e-mail last week from a former LHBS owner. She asked for $50 for all. I got two primaries. One 3 gallon carboy, four 5 gallon carboys and five 6 gallon carboys. That is an average of $5 per carboy and two primaries to boot. Then she delivered them. Needless to say she got a nice bottle of wine as appreciation.

nice job this means you have to start a new batch of wine to break in that new carboy

You're absolutely right! :b Now if only I can make up my mind on which one I should try next.

Last edited:
I went too, but all I found was an old 8mm movie camera, some steel stakes for the garden, and a vintage boat cushion.

I did see a carboy sitting on someone's step, so I snuck over there to check it out. It had a huge hole cut in the side so that they could stuff fake vines and twinkly lights in it. I almost cried at the waste of a good carboy.
70e8.gif

Well the people that sold me the 2 primaries,tubbing and bottles said they also had a carboy but someone bought it to use it has a piggy bank. Really!!! If you want a large bank then why not use a water bottle?! So I almost got another carboy. :re

I replied to an e-mail last week from a former LHBS owner. She asked for $50 for all. I got two primaries. One 3 gallon carboy, four 5 gallon carboys and five 6 gallon carboys. That is an average of $5 per carboy and two primaries to boot. Then she delivered them. Needless to say she got a nice bottle of wine as appreciation.

Wow amazing deal!

I use a 7.9g primary for all juice batches and mist kits ...

They work well for normal kits. When I said they are a bit small, for me a small batch is fermented in a 32 gallon Brute since I have a small commercial winery.

I think I remembered that ... My reply was mainly for Wade's benefit. 32g = small. Wow!

My largest fermenter is 10g. I split 6g batches of grape and other high fruit batches between the 10 and the 7.9 to get a final 6g.

I *think* it would be neat to do a small commercial venture, but I'm afraid the fun would go away.

Jealous!! My husband wants to borrow one of my carboys to try brewing beer.......which means I have to give one up for a little while. :-( (I think he just wants me to give up my addiction for a little while :p ). I'm thinking about buying another one and just not telling him. What he doesn't know won't hurt him!

Back