WineXpert WE Trinity Red

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaco

Reaction score
I have a newbie question.....sorry!!!

I racked to my carboy on Sunday with a SG of 1.010. It seems that the fermentation process is still going, my airlock bubbles once every few seconds. Is this typical?

Also, any comments on the Brew Belt. I am struggling with a basement temp range of 65-68. Thanks

Welcome Flaco.
Yes this is entirely normal. At 1.010 it still has about a week - 10 days fermentation left once put in the secondary. Just keep following directions and you will be OK.

I made the Trinity Red and it is ready to bottle anytime now when I get a chance. It is a new kit to the US market so there is no time to get any age on this kit yet. From what I tasted last weekend, it has a nice blend of reds. I does use some oak adding some interest to it but isn't overpowering. I think it is aimed at a broad range of winemakers, appealing to all but the most discerning. If you are like most drinkers, you should enjoy this one.
smiley4.gif

Welcome Flaco....I also have a Trinity Red in a carboy...seems like a very nice table wine...I've added some oak cubes and will age it on them for 8 to 12 weeks, just trying to add a little more to the wine....

Your wine maybe would ferment a little faster if you can raise your temp. to about 70* to 75*....And when you get to clearing and degassing this temp. will make it easier too...

Thanks again!!!
Any ideas on elevating the carboy temperature. I have it set up in my basement and the ambient temperature is on a average 67F. I have looked at the Brew Belt but get concerned with some of the printed limitations.

Welcome Flaco, I have 2 brew belts ans as long as the temp does not get too much colder than that the brew belts will work out good for you. Others have also used a heating pad underneath. If in desperate measures you can put a desk lamp very close to it also . I have done that and it works but try not to make that a permenant option as light is not wines best friend but when you need it to finish fermenting and stuck between a rock and a hardplace, it will get you buy!

Back