WineXpert WE Brunello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
I want to make a WE Brunello kit with grape pack. Which one do I buy and who has the best price?

You want the Selection Italian Brunello kit with skins. It is an 18L combination of juice and concentrate. I believe it retails for around $150 in our area.

I have had this kit bulk aging since January. It has that kit aroma that seems to be an early signature of WE kits. That always goes away by the one year mark. It will spend a few months in the Vidal barrel and that will kill any KT quickly. Taste is young but full of bright red fruit that is still a bit in the background. Very nice tannin but I did add some grand cru tannin after clearing. I only used the provided oak and it was generious. Because we prefer a bit (3 ounces) of back sweetningI will add cane syrup prior to bottling. I plan to bottle that one in August. I only hope it turns out as good as the RJ Spagnols Brunello. I am very hopeful.

Latest posts

Back