Mosti Mondiale La bodega port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlabruz

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My friend Gave me a kit. The directions say to add the juice and raisens or the all grape pack.
I have a bag labeled port style. What is that? Is that the all grape pack?
I was going to mix it all up tonight but I'm not sure about this bag.
Thanks!1000004977.jpg

Attachments

• 1705102259339804198400029062892.jpg
    1705102259339804198400029062892.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
That looks like the juice concentrate. To make it into a port, ferment the wine per the instructions, then fortify the wine up to 20% ABV.
The silver bag is my concern. I'm not sure when that is added. The bag in the box is the bulk of it. The silver bag is maybe a half gallon.

The silver bag is my concern. I'm not sure when that is added. The bag in the box is the bulk of it. The silver bag is maybe a half gallon.
If you want a sweet dessert wine, as this kit is intended to produce, add it after fermentation is complete and sorbate has been added. If you want a big dry red, add it at the start. I would recommend adding a bit at a time post fermentation and sorbate, until you reach a sweetness level that you prefer.

If you want a sweet dessert wine, as this kit is intended to produce, add it after fermentation is complete and sorbate has been added. If you want a big dry red, add it at the start. I would recommend adding a bit at a time post fermentation and sorbate, until you reach a sweetness level that you prefer.
Turns out the entire thing may be a flop. My buddy had the kit in his basement for several years. The juice appears oxidized. I'm going to run it through and see what it tastes like

Latest posts

Back