Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble--great values

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Reaction score
I was running low on white wines to drink so I made a VN Bourg Royal and Soave. They're not quite 3 months old but I opened one of each and was pleasantly surprised. I normally only do the big kits and let them age atleast a year for whites. I did add some golden raisins to give it more oomph just because I am use to the big kits. I can't say what difference it did or did not make but I really like the end product. This is a great value. The only other small kit I've made was a WE Trinity White which was also very good. I've never had commercial Soave but I like the Soave better than the WE Selection Pinot Grigio . The Bourg Royal makes a nice unoaked chardonnay style wine. I would buy both again.

Thies line of kits is indeed a very good value for the money. I have made a few and they have all turned out great and are very drinkable much sooner than other wines. I don't know how they do it, but I hope they keep it up, because these are very good kits.

Ive long wondered what the Soave would compare to, thanks for the review, may have to give that one a try.

Last night we opened a six month old Sauvignon
Blanc Vinfera Noble and were very impressed for a 10L dry white wine
kit. Originally intended to cook with this dry white but it is
surprisingly nice to drink. Had more body and flavor then expected with
a nice straw color.

If the other whites in the Vinfera Noble are this good will be making some German Piesporter types for the summer.

The VN line is extremely popular and I continue to hear it is a great value. Joseph and I have made several and I have tasted more made by my customers and I have to agree. When I talk to new wine makers, I steer them to these kits.

As an aside, my wife loves the Bourg Royal White. Wants to know when I will make her more!

I used a 15oz package of Sunmaid Golden raisins for each. I'm planning to stick a couple of bottles back to try at 6 months and 1 year but the rest is my everyday drinking wine so it won't last long.
I may try the Sauv Blanc next.

I just started the Chardonnay and added the same raisins. I hope it turns out as good as you say!

John

I just pitched the yeast on the VN Bourg Royal Blanc and the air lock started bubbling in just a few hours!
smiley4.gif
George recommended this kit for a quick Chardonnay. I am looking forward to using this as my everyday table wine as I patiently wait for my "bigger" kits to mature.

Jackie, I have made 3 or 4 of the VN kits and have enjoyed them all. And the price is right. I did not open them early but good to know they taste good as an early drinker. mmmm....I foresee a VN kit in the near future!!
smiley4.gif

I have made the Soave twice now and liked it very much. It's just a good everyday white wine to drink. I also used the Golden raisins in my cheap white kits to add something more and every time it turns out good.

So can anyone give tasting comment on the Bourg Royal Blanc? I just pitched this one today. Yea or Ney on adding raisins?

I've made both the Soave and Bourg Royal white both with and without raisins. I haven't opened the Bourg Royal yet (though it is ready) but I can say I can't tell any difference in the Soave (with or without raisins). I think all it really does is add a bit more alcohol from the extra sugar. I get enough alcohol as is so I don't plan on adding them anymore. The body was the same both ways.

Thanks Jackie, I had a half box of golden raisins so nothing really lost if they don't help appreciatively. It does kind of help me feel the wine is "mine".

When you use the raisins, do you do any prep to them? I mean are they chopped, stewed or just raw? I put some in a sweet cherry wine that had lost a lot of the cherry taste during fermentation and they really did a great job of returning a fruit taste. Before adding them to the wine in a primary, I stewed them in enough water to cover them. They plumped up and I added the raisins and water to the wine. I let them be for about a week and when I racked the wine, they were the size of small grapes. I squeezed them into the wine and let it be for another month. The result was great.

I just rinse them off in case there is any preservative or added sugar on them and dump them in primary after fermentation has begun. I stir and squeeze them daily then remove after 5 to 10 days.

I just finished a Soave I bottled a year ago and am drinking a Pinot Grigio also bottled a year ago. Even though I buy these for early drinkers, I must say they do improve with age. The PG was a bit oakey for my taste at 3 monthst but at a year it has mellowed wonderfully. The Soave was also much smoother and more enjoyable at a year (it was never oakey, just a hint of oak). I'm not saying they're the best wines I've ever made, they're not. But at a year, I think they compare favorable to some of the 15L kits I've made.

Jackie said:
I just finished a Soave I bottled a year ago and am drinking a Pinot Grigio also bottled a year ago.

That's impressive, Jackie. You drink more wine by noon than I drink in 2 days!
smiley2.gif

Jackie, I am just wondering did you alter the directions in any way when you made the VN kits? For example, did you add the full amouint of water to the kit or did you reduce the amount called for? What was the final yield (in bottles or gallons) from the kit? Thank you for the information.

Latest posts

Back