vanilla questons

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf197

Junior
Reaction score
I did a search and have not gotten very good answers but I have a gallon of blueberry wine that I want to add vanilla to. I have two beans and want to know how much to add to it and how long they should sit for. Sadly the place I got them from don't know the strain. But its the best I can do with out driving 45 minutes. I paid .99 cents for it if that helps.

Sorry for the wall of text and lack of information.

Adding the bean

:u THE BEAN GOES ALONG WAY, FOR THIS SMALL VOLUME i WOULD SLICE THE BEAN OPEN LENGTH WISE TAKE ONLY 1/2 OF THE CONTINENCE OUT PLACE IT IN THE WINE AND LET IT SIT FOR 24HRS.,TASTE IT IS IT ENOUGH ?NO NEED TO ADD MORE,IF NOT THEN ADD THE OTHER 1/2 OF THE SLIT BEAN,THAT SHOULD PROVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO ADD A DISTINCT FLAVOR AND AROMA TO FOR WINE. :sm

:u THE BEAN GOES ALONG WAY, FOR THIS SMALL VOLUME i WOULD SLICE THE BEAN OPEN LENGTH WISE TAKE ONLY 1/2 OF THE CONTINENCE OUT PLACE IT IN THE WINE AND LET IT SIT FOR 24HRS.,TASTE IT IS IT ENOUGH ?NO NEED TO ADD MORE,IF NOT THEN ADD THE OTHER 1/2 OF THE SLIT BEAN,THAT SHOULD PROVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO ADD A DISTINCT FLAVOR AND AROMA TO FOR WINE. :sm

Yup - I agree...

Back