Vacuum pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklausjames

Reaction score
I have been sucked into (pun intended) looking for a vacuum pump for wine making. I searched craigslist and several breast pumps showed in the results. I wish I did not research it further but it seems these work by creating a vacuum on the breast and it made me wonder if they could be converted to a vacuum pump for wine making? Does anyone have any idea? If not does anyone have a reasonably priced and dependable vacuum pumpm brand/model they recommend for wine making.

All In One Wine Pump! There is a thread on the forum with reviews. This beast speaks for itself, and Steve's customer service is unparalleled.

Many others have set up their own pump using a medical aspirator pump. They work well and generally have a built in overflow canister. I have used one for 10 years now for small to medium sized batches. I also use it to bottle with using my single bottle stainless model from Valley Vintner. It works great. If you search the forum you can find setups that Wade myself and others posted years before VacuumPumMan created his AllInOne pump. Just letting you know there are other options. I paid about $100 for my pump on Ebay.

It was a pleasure talking to you today - Nick -

I just saw your order come thru - so please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns --

While grapeman has valid points, some of us are not that mechanically inclined to try and build something like the all in one. Shoot Ibuilt a bottle cleaning rack, spent a bunch on it and somebody posted a better made contraption that cost less than 1/3 of what I spent. Now I justgotra figure out where it was.

Did you get a chance to visit my facebook page ? it shows the bottle rack that holds 25 bottles - I have been using them for years.

It is a commercial grade dishwasher rack for taller glasses

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a FYI - mine is 7'' deep
The bottles never want to tip or anything like that.

Thanks Rocky for finding those !!
I have 3 sets and all of them are going at bottling time- I will use my pressurized sanitizer and turn all the bottles upside down and let them drip dry. Then they get carried over to the bottling stage - turn them all upright and fill. Sometimes I will turn the crate to make filling even easier on myself. Then carry them to the corking station - careful it is a bit heavy by this time.

I just put my washed bottles up side down in the dishwasher and let them dry out there.

Back