Wine Degassing Pump Recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeycannoli

Reaction score
Looking to get a vaccum degassing pump so i don't have to manually stir anymore. Can anyone share their experiences with what they recommend?

Anyone use the Gassy Grape or the Blichmann ?

I am sure there will be a lot of AIO pump supports. I spoke with the owner before and considering it. Wanted to hear the reviews of other equipment too.

I have a AIO, never heard of the Gassy Grape, and Blichmann is well… Blichmann, they make nice stuff and while not familiar with their vacuum pump I’d bet it’s nice!
I like the AIO, don’t think you’d go wrong with it, and would not hesitate to recommend it.

I clicked on the link for the Gassy Grape and here's my opinion of it. It probably does a good job of just degassing and that's about all it can do. It sort of looks like the Blichmann device is the same, degassing only.

The all-in-one-wine pump is capable of much more and the vacuum degassing is really a side-effect of racking under vacuum. If you are like me and don't like to lift and move full carboys, plus you want to bottle easily, it's the way to go. Oh and you ever have any questions, Steve @vacuumpumpman is just a message away and by the end of the day (in most cases) you are talking to him and he is helping you with whatever problem you have. Can't beat that level of customer support.

Looking to get a vaccum degassing pump so i don't have to manually stir anymore. Can anyone share their experiences with what they recommend?

Anyone use the Gassy Grape or the Blichmann ?

I am sure there will be a lot of AIO pump supports. I spoke with the owner before and considering it. Wanted to hear the reviews of other equipment too.
If you’re just looking to vacuum degas, this is your product: 2.5 CFM Vacuum Pump
It‘ll degas a 6 gallon carboy in minutes, period. Done. Forget about it.
I also own the AIO, it wont degas like the vacuum pump above, it takes multiple transfers to totally degas a wine, it doesn’t generate the vacuum that the HF pump does.
Yes, the HF pump produces an oily mist, easily captured with a damp rag.
The AIO has a boatload of other processes it accomplishes, and Steve’s service is top notch. Its a great tool.
I don’t vacuum degas any more, it doesn’t make my wine ready to drink any sooner, I’ve learned to wait til the wine is ready, and by then, the gas has long since dissipated, naturally.

The aio is perfect and has great customer service. You can’t go wrong with it.

I’m with the crowd here. I use the AIO for transferring and filtering mainly. I use to degas with it but no longer do that extra step and let time do the degassing. I also have a Buon Vino Fill jet for bottling. When I started wine making I uses the siphon cane and bottling tube with the spring valve. Did my first two batches like that and made a mess both times. My wife found the Buon Vino on eBay used for $200 (retail for over $400). I cleaned it and replaced all the hoses and it has worked great for 50+ batches. It’s bit of an extravagance being a one trick pony but we all develop our practices in winemaking uniquely. I eventually bought an AIO and probably would not have bought the BV if I had bought the AIO first. When we bottle Sandy runs the bottle filler and I run the corker. It how I got my user name.

Latest posts

Back