ugly girls need a chance too?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poni

Reaction score
on the front page of this site i see a girls *** and a caption that says "ugly girls need love too" and i am supposed to follow the ad, probably to give me a virus.. I know you need add revenue to pay for this site, i understand, but really?

i think i am done here..

thanks anyway

You either have malware from an unrelated search, or cookies from one of those sites on your computer. The ads post based on recent activity as logged by your cache. Do a cleanup and they will change. If you notice, if you start looking around and searching RV's they will be RV based, if you surf around for lawn mowers, the will be mower based etc. I like to use CCleaner and Malware Bytes free programs, but I am sure there are others out there. Also delete your browser history and clean it up regularly.

You either have malware from an unrelated search, or cookies from one of those sites on your computer. The ads post based on recent activity as logged by your cache. Do a cleanup and they will change. If you notice, if you start looking around and searching RV's they will be RV based, if you surf around for lawn mowers, the will be mower based etc. I like to use CCleaner and Malware Bytes free programs, but I am sure there are others out there. Also delete your browser history and clean it up regularly.

That explains why I am NOT getting ads for ugly girls, haven't been searching for any.

I have never seen that either. Those ads are not related to this forum. I do notice though when I research something on the computer all of a sudden I get ads showing up on Facebook or here that are related. For instance right now I got the AR Drone 2 showing up. A remote helicopter with cameras.

I'm going to claim discrimination as I got NO girl's ANYTHING on my ads. I got a couple of car ads, but that's it.

Darn....

I love when the Google ads, in their infinite wisdom, place some hilariously ironic ad on whatever page I am looking at. I expect to eventually see an Alcoholics Anonymous ad popping up here sometime.

Yep, that area is based on what YOU have been looking around at on your computer or someone else on your computer and generates ads based on what you have recently searched. Sorry, clean your cookies and cache. Its not on our end as we would not approve of that!!!!! We can not control this on our side. Mine is showing LL Bean as I just placed an order there yesterday!

put Adblock on your computer and you won't get any of those ads on any site(and it's free!)

Yep, I had an ad for Tableau Software because I was searching for info about the conference in pgh here on Tuesday and our company uses the product.

Yep, that area is based on what YOU have been looking around at on your computer or someone else on your computer and generates ads based on what you have recently searched. Sorry, clean your cookies and cache. Its not on our end as we would not approve of that!!!!! We can not control this on our side. Mine is showing LL Bean as I just placed an order there yesterday!

That simply can not be true. How can you explain all of the ads for Welches I keep seeing?

That simply can not be true. How can you explain all of the ads for Welches I keep seeing?

Welches ads?!!!! You got caught, John!!!

Many don't realize that the forum has no control over some of the ad space around the web page. That is companies like Google's reserved area for their own ads. A price we have to pay in order to be found on a Google search.

Sounds like Poni got offended and won't be back to ever learn it wasn't our ads. That's too bad, since those same ads will likely follow any of her web searches.

I knew this was true (about the ads) the moment I saw ads for Epicor and SAP (I do a lot of work on these systems). At fisrt it struck me how odd that these products are found on a winemaking site. The only explination is what you are saying, that it is linked to cookies or perhaps spyware.

So, the obvious and unasked question is this.... Who was using Poni's computer and what were they doing with it?????:s

Oh lemme tell ya, folks, what you type here makes a diff, too. I typed "Playboy" as part of a humorous post, and since then I am getting all kinds of sexy ads for singles, hot teen girls wearing shirts saying "Admit It ... You would go to JAIL for this!", etc.

I know the site has no control over these ads, but they are funny as heck to me. Ya gotta have a sense of humor. So many people are so easily offended by every little darn thing in life.

Now don't be offended but I gotta see what this does to the ads here, if I write HOOTERS, HOOTERS, HOOTERS. :)

I can hardly wait! :):):) Looking for restaurant coupons, dontcha know....

Last edited:
Back