Need cheering up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sremick

Reaction score
Hello, friends. Haven't posted here in a long while due to some personal emergencies, life changes and basically my life being totally up-ended. Not in a good way.

While my passion for wine hasn't been lost, many significant things have. Forced to sell my home, I lost the 40+ vine vineyard I had slaved over for 3+ years single-handedly (you can find pics in my older posts). I was very proud of my hard work and had grand plans for the years to come. Having to give up that vineyard (along with so many other things) has really hit me hard. While in the grand scheme of things, the vineyard loss seems trivial and insignificant, to me it really wasn't. I figured if anyone could understand, those of you here could.

I'm doing what I can, but the future is still very uncertain and frightening. Between jobs and homes, the sense of loss is still quite poignant even 1+ years later. Yes, I am safe and am getting support. But I still wouldn't mind a bit of cheering-up and positive vibes from others who can appreciate the vineyard loss.

I'm not out 100%. I still have a number of carboys still aging from before. I actually bottled my first wine ever just a week or so ago, which was nice. And I still have two wine kits to start that I already own (although ordering any more for the time being would probably be irresponsible... the urge is hard to resist, however).

Meanwhile, I try to live vicariously through the rest of you and trying not to dwell upon what has been lost. Maybe someday I can try again to have the vineyard I so badly wanted.

Send hugs. Love.

I am very sorry to hear of the tough times you are going through. I am not in a position to appreciate the loss of your vineyard, but I imagine that is tough to accept losing something you worked hard to nurture to this point (literally, to fruition).

Sending good wishes, and, yes, hugs.

I’m so sorry to hear of your troubles. I’m feeling sorry for myself because I’m sidelined with a broken leg, but my troubles are nothing and will heal; so will you. I know you have lost your babies but you will plant more. Stay positive.

Sending prayers, love and hugs.

I am sorry to hear about your life changes. You have skills and experience that will help the rest of us who actively fight black rot and japanese beetles.

Sitting on a heating pad this week it is hard to contemplate how many carboys to make since eventually we all will ask how to get six gallons lifted off the floor, ,,, and maybe in 2022 the neighbor is a better home for grapes and I should stick with smaller batches of mulberry or cherry or cyser. You are not alone.
Church has a discussion book called “It All Goes Back In The Box” for those who contemplate eventuality. The toys eventually get put away. Your skills and the help you can pass on to the younger community don’t get put away. Vicarious living is helping others.

Hang in there. The last couple years have been tough on so many people in so many ways. Wishing you better (and brighter) days ahead!

While it's been tough in some ways for many of us it sounds like you got handed a triple portion and I'm really sad to hear of your losses. On a positive note it sounds like you've survived the hardest part of the battle and if you're starting to think in terms of picking up and restarting and that means you're well on your way to healing. Keep it up, asking for and receiving a little support is always a good thing.

Hello, friends. Haven't posted here in a long while due to some personal emergencies, life changes and basically my life being totally up-ended. Not in a good way.

While my passion for wine hasn't been lost, many significant things have. Forced to sell my home, I lost the 40+ vine vineyard I had slaved over for 3+ years single-handedly (you can find pics in my older posts). I was very proud of my hard work and had grand plans for the years to come. Having to give up that vineyard (along with so many other things) has really hit me hard. While in the grand scheme of things, the vineyard loss seems trivial and insignificant, to me it really wasn't. I figured if anyone could understand, those of you here could.

I'm doing what I can, but the future is still very uncertain and frightening. Between jobs and homes, the sense of loss is still quite poignant even 1+ years later. Yes, I am safe and am getting support. But I still wouldn't mind a bit of cheering-up and positive vibes from others who can appreciate the vineyard loss.

I'm not out 100%. I still have a number of carboys still aging from before. I actually bottled my first wine ever just a week or so ago, which was nice. And I still have two wine kits to start that I already own (although ordering any more for the time being would probably be irresponsible... the urge is hard to resist, however).

Meanwhile, I try to live vicariously through the rest of you and trying not to dwell upon what has been lost. Maybe someday I can try again to have the vineyard I so badly wanted.

Send hugs. Love.
Reading this post just broke my heart. I have enjoyed the hobby so much I can not imagine loosing it. Just remember, the good Lord does not let anything happen to us that he does not provide the strength, endurance, energy to get through. I read between the line of disappointment and felt the determination and fight. Hang in there, I am confident you will be back.

Send hugs. Love.
So sorry for you to have to lose all your hard work. So hard. The vines would have been a joy to have. I am one who understands lose. You must muddle through and start every morning on a positive note, even if you have to write it down. It helps. Cheers and I know just by reaching out you are striving for joy and happiness 😊. If you are wondering what to do next Then "Do the next thing" for your good. Stay positive for your future. Thanks for reaching out.

Latest posts

Back