Tea Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of my chamomile tea wine...

2005-07-25_135545_w_cam_tea.jpg

Looks like the color is going to be real nice. I hope it taste better than mine
smiley4.gif
. I would liken mine to peeing in a bottle and letting it set in the sun for a month, not what you would call good
smiley36.gif
. Maybe next time.

Chris

Mr Greenbean-Greenjeans,
smiley36.gif

I had a taste of my cham-tea wine and you've hit the nail right on the head with your description.

Actually, it tastes like pee with a high alcohol taste. More like Schnapps than wine. Because the basement is the only place that is bearable at the moment, I spent a little more time there yesterday, and decided to oak the cham-tea wine. Maybe that will help a little!!
smiley36.gif

Oh well, at least I tried. If I didn't, I would never have known.
smiley36.gif

Interesting thread on the Tea wine,i make this quite alot but have never had any problems regarding clearing whatsoever,but then again i don't expect it to be bottled within 6 months either or to be comsumed within 2yrs,a true Tea wine should be more like "sherry" dark in colour,basically the complete opposite of the above picture,I dont mean to patronise,but what recipe were you following ?? Edited by: Winemaster

I followed, I believe the recipe in Terry Garey's bood. It is a chamomile tea wine, which was lighter anyway than, oh say, peppermint or black tea.
smiley36.gif

Point taken on board and understood..ouch
smiley18.gif
, I'm due to do a Tea wine in the next few weeks,I shall try the chamomile tea but still stick to my recipe and let you know of the results
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back