Tea Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I guess I didn't think it was THAT important (I know, tannins, but I added grape tannin at the beginning)

I don't have my notes with me right now, but I did use it, I know.

Why bentonite and then isinglass? why not just one or the other?

(Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I really never have used isinglass, or any fining agent for that matter,before)

Most of the time, bentonite is mixed into the must anticipating the use of Isinglass later on, after the wine has been stabilized and degassed. The 2 are oppositely charged and work together to clear the wine.

Thank you. That is much clearer (no pun intended) to me now.

But unfortuantely, my "I want it NOW" list has grown by yet another line.

smiley36.gif

Anyone who works as hard as you to get what she wants, should have it. hint hint hint

I forgot to add that gelatin will strip alot of tannin form the wine.

smiley36.gif

Are you flattering me again, Glenvall?!?!?

Well, I have a feeling that Mr. George is going to see a list of mine in the future. Regardless of vouchers or not.
smiley1.gif

Sorry for the late thank you. I try. I just get very impatient. Usually when this happens, I just start another wine to keep me preoccupied, but it's going to be hard at bottling time. I have so many (3) wines (5-gallons each) ready to be bottled right now, and only 12 750 ml bottles.

Either I have to drink more (my poor liver) or resign to putting them in 1-gallon jugs. So, I try to let them bulk age a little while longer in the carboy.

I think your wines will be all the better for your procrastination!

Don't worry, be happy!

smiley4.gif

Thank you, Glenvall. I know deep down they're better off waiting around, but I'm not.
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

Aw! That's just part of it. Ya gotta keep far enough ahead it matters not.

Yeah, I know your right.

I think I'm going to look into some bottles in the next few weeks. My marigold and mum wines seem to be finished. I started them at the beginning of October. I had some minor problems with my marigold wine, but I'm going to bottle soon anyway. This is about as long as I can wait to bottle.
smiley36.gif
5.5 months!!!!

The mum wine shows promise. I might even end up giving some away.
smiley2.gif

I am trying to get my nerves up to try shipping some more wine in the future. Maui needs a taste of the Motherland.

You should. The next time you go to "wet country" you should just go to the UPS store there. Perfume samples, Glenvall... Perfume samples.

They make the "gluck-gluck" sound too.
smiley2.gif

Well, here in Arkansas, it is not just an issue of wet or dry counties. The entire state has the same shipping and receiving lawspertaining to alcoholic beverages.

I mean, you should be able to do that. Perfume is just alcohol. That's why you can't take it to rehab.

Hey! Has my family been talking to you? I smell an intervention or maybe even a court order.

No, my best friend from college went to rehab. That's how I know the part about the rehab.

Maybe when you're in Memphis (Elvisland) you can send some to your trusty friend in Ohio.
smiley36.gif

OIC. good point. I think the laws in Tennessee are much more liberal as pertains to alcoholic beverages.

Latest posts

Back