strawberry wine recipe suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pharmgurl

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a strawberry wine recipe to make 5 gallons. Local strawberries are ready for pickin' and I think this would be a great opportunity. Any suggestions? I am fairly new to wine making and have mostly just made wine from kits.

Thanks!

That's a pretty good recipe. I will add that the easiest way I've found to crush strawberries is wash/destem/freeze/thaw and crush in a ziplock bag... Just don't have the bag more than 1/2 full to avoid busting it.

That's a pretty good recipe. I will add that the easiest way I've found to crush strawberries is wash/destem/freeze/thaw and crush in a ziplock bag... Just don't have the bag more than 1/2 full to avoid busting it.

Yeah - i have that backwards - i have to freeze/thaw/destem - needs to be wash/destem/freeze/thaw.

Thanks for the catch!!

LOL! I didn't catch it... I was just putting my method in there... at least we got it straight now!

In your recipe you mentioned an F-pac... but never told them how or what to do with it.

Debbie

The last Strawberry I made, I used frozen Strawberry Daiquiri mix for a flavor pak, everyone likes it, at least they say they do. Loren

Thanks for the input everybody! Im excited to have the recipe & detailed instructions!

Back