Store Wine Upside Down

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrzazz

Reaction score
I have several bottles of wine in cases. Should I store these bottles upside down to keep the cork wet? :dg

Upside down or on their side for corks other than synthetic. If synthetic it doesnt have o be as they dont dry up as far as I know.

Yes, store them upside down or on thier side out of direct sunlight and they will be fine.

ALL of my 100+ full cases are stored with the bottles upsidedown. You can stack them high as well.

Those cases are what supports Tom's floors what with all the carboys aging on the second floor. Like Lolly columns! :) He has to have them stacked up every 2' on center!

100+ cases... I told my wife that I we have a long way to go. Her reply was "What do you do with all that..... we don't know enough people to give it away. Our basement isn't big enough!"

ALL of my 100+ full cases are stored with the bottles upsidedown. You can stack them high as well.

Those cases are what supports Tom's floors what with all the carboys aging on the second floor. Like Lolly columns! :) He has to have them stacked up every 2' on center!

:):):):):):) I agree, he has to be doing this for his house to support the amount of wine he has

:u NOT FAIR WADE !!
You PEEKED in my wine cellar! :slp

100+ cases... I told my wife that I we have a long way to go. Her reply was "What do you do with all that..... we don't know enough people to give it away. Our basement isn't big enough!"
That's only I stopped counting @ 100 cases. Adding 5 cases more once I label these

My wine rack holds 435 bottles. I gave my son a few cases and I thought they should be stored upside down. Old photo,by the way, racks are about 3/4 full now :h
photo9.jpg

Very nice looking, not sure I like the thought of wine aging next to a fireplace though.

I had a feeling but you never know! Good to know and it looks very nice!

I guess I have too many friends. Hard to get 6 months on any wine. But storing 100+ cases? I wish I had that problem. Nice looking racks by the way.

Obviously, with that nice light colored carpet you have never had a dumb newbie moment and wound up with corks blowing. You don't need to know how I know about that. Arne.

Latest posts

Back