WineXpert Started my Bergamais

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1973

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great 4th weekend! Had an extra day off today so I decided to start my Bergamais kit. I got this from Midwest before I found this site and then wanted to get going on the gewurtz. from George so I let it sit for a bit. I noticed in one of the articles George has here, he said that its his favorite quick drinking kit and thats kind of what I want, something I can be drinking in a few months while my other goodies are working away! Of course, now they have the 10 liter VR kit but oh well, this will be fine I'm sure for what I want. Picture was right before pitching the yeast.
20080708_135123_100_0680_Small.jpg

Mike, looks good!! When that quick drinking wine is ready, let us know. We will be the crowd of wine lovers in your driveway.
smiley17.gif

uavwmn said:
Mike, looks good!! When that quick drinking wine is ready, let us know. We will be the crowd of wine lovers in your driveway.
smiley17.gif

Hmmm....I better move
smiley36.gif
Fermenting away now! "I love the smell of fermentation in the morning"
smiley4.gif

Well, SG was below 1.0 so I racked tonight, fairly impressed that I got so much of it :) I'm looking forward to this one!
20080714_193731_100_0688_Small.jpg

Looks mighty good Mike. Great color !! Did you taste it?Edited by: Waldo

Mike. looks good!!!! And the little bottles to the left look good also. hehe

Waldo said:
Looks mighty good Mike. Great color !! Did you taste it?

Ya know, in all the commotion of racking and cleaning and such I totally forgot to taste it. I'm sure will slip into a glass from my wine thief next time I do a reading though
smiley4.gif

Well, bottled today! Filtered it yesterday and wanted to let it wait a
bit longer but there was a fair share of head space and I didn't want
to top it up anymore so I decided to go for it today (and there wasn't
a speck of sediment in the carboy, that Vinbrite filter is fantastic).
This was the first time using the filter, I am very happy with that
purchase! I debated filtering since this is a thin kit to begin with
but I wanted to give it a shot. Couldn't get hold of my brother for
his heat gun so I did the boiling water trick for the capsules and that
worked great too. Even made some nice labels and used Joan's glue
stick technique. All in all I'm very happy with it and look forward to
enjoying some of it! I had a couple "splashes" as I was bottling and
it tasted real good!
20080817_125153_100_0769_Small.jpg

20080817_125331_100_0773_Small.jpg

Whoops, that was odd! Anyway, above is the filtering and then the finished product! The program I use for the labels doesn't save as a normal image file so here is a closeup of the label, not bad for someone who refers to themself as "Horribly Un-creative"
smiley4.gif

20080817_125703_100_0772_Small.jpg

As far as saving the file in jpg you have to make it do that by clicking in the save menu and changing it manually. Looks great!

Very nice. Looks like you did a very nice job on this wine. Let us all know how it turns out.

Scuba

Yeah I noticed that, I copied it off another site and they had it spelled wrong!! I'm probably not even going to worry about it at this point, this was more of an experiment label.

Its called Wine Label, I think (very original!). My brother found it a while back. Its easier than Photoshop and has lots of templates and stuff too. When I get home tonight I'll take a look at the exact name and version.

MIKE,
Nice documentation of your process. You said you started at Midwest. That may mean you are another Minnesotan. We are legion on this forum....Welcome

I've used Midwest for beer stuff for a while, they have a real good selection so I got my first "mail order" wine kit from them. I still like Midwest a lot, but George has a much better selection for kits!
(I'm in the Rochester, NY area by the way)
Edited by: Mike1973

Latest posts

Back