SPRING FEVER

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I better not mention it has been in the mid 80's here. I got down to 65 yesterday and I was cold.
smiley7.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

appleman said:
Waldo as I prepare to head out into the dark cold morning-temp 15 degreees- to begin plowing the 12 inches of snow we have so far(6 more expected),  thinking of you will keep me going. As I try to wipe the frozen mess off my face and glasses, you will give me strength. I just keep uttering the words,  "Life is good".

"It doesn't get any better than that"

Wellllllll down here in Texas the Bluebonets are blumeing on the highways,so are the wild flowers

Harry

Harry said:
Wellllllll down here in Texas the Bluebonets are blumeing on the highways,so are the wild flowers

Harry

Sounds good Harry...I can see them too...only in my dreams...

We got 3 1/2" of slett on top of the 6" of snow and it froze like a
layer of rock. The snow blower would not dig in. I had to break it all
up with a metal shovel. Our driveway is 65' x 30' and my back is not
feeling that good now!
smiley11.gif

I went and picked up my gewurtztraminer kit afterwards but do not have
the energy to start it nor do I have the ambition to bottle the beer.
Looks like tommorrow will be the day, maybe! The Cru select 16L kits
where I buy my stuff is 65$ so I guess I'll start buying them. I
thought they would be alot more expensive, thats just 20$ more than the
10l kits that I buy.

Wow, your beer is ready to bottle already Wade? It seems like you just started it last weekend! Wait until it has carbonated and aged a couple weeks- deelish.

I wish there were Bluebells here- only 16 inches of fresh snow! It started up again with snowqualls. It was so nice to see an occasional glimpse of bare ground a few days ago.
smiley19.gif
Gotta start the spring thaw all over again!

Those are the instructions. Wait until gravity gets down to 1.008 (4 to
6 days) add 1/2 tsp per pint and keep in warm place for 2 days then
move to cool place for 14 days.

Amazing how quickly beer is ready isn't it Wade! A couple weeks and you can enjoy a nice home brew.(I'll let you in on a little secret I have. I never wait the 2 weeks before sampling. I give it a week and give one a try-just to make sure it is OK of course!)

Hi Ramona

Have you started your Dandeline wine yet. They are blooming like crazy here in Alvin. Started my batch las Monday. Still bubbling good. Will post pics when it starts clearing.

Harry

I'll be able to enjoy that great Texas weather and flora next weekend. Flying into Dallas on Friday!
smiley4.gif

PolishWineP said:
I'll be able to enjoy that great Texas weather and flora next weekend.  Flying into Dallas on Friday!
smiley4.gif

You going to bring home a suitcase of dandelions????

Harry,

I must be in the wrong area...I don't see any dandelions here in the city!!

Ramona

What a great weekend! Snow's gone, except higher up. It was 73* (and a new record) on Saturday, only in the 60's yesterday, and supposed to hit 70 again today!

But, DON'T tell anyone this is Montana!

smiley36.gif

Northern Winos said:
PolishWineP said:
I'll be able to enjoy that great Texas weather and flora next weekend. Flying into Dallas on Friday!
smiley4.gif

You going to bring home a suitcase of dandelions????
No, we're driving home and I don't think they'd be in very good condition after that!
smiley11.gif

Ramona

I live in the country and they are growing in the ditches and along side rr tracks. I also found some Loquat trees and loaded down with fruit. One is across the street from my son, I need to talk to the owner and see if i can get the fruit when its ripe. So if you would like some loquats and if i can get them you are more than welcomee to them, I looked on Jack Kellers website and there is a recipe ,it takes 4 lbs per gallon. So let me know if you would like some of them.

Have you ever been to the Haak Winery in Santa Fe Tx. I live about 10 minutes from there .He gives me empty bottles , Wife and i know the Haaks really well

Harry

Thanks Harry,

In my apartment complex there are loquat trees everywhere and I see they are starting to get ripe. I just may have to try a small batch. Never been to Haak Winery. Will look it up and read about it. Lucky you to live so close to it.
Ramona

I'm off to Italy.
At the moment I'm in Gatwick (London) with the snow falling outside, waiting for my flight to Amalfi. Yes, I have the Digital Camera with me, and, givcen a decewnt enough Internet connection at the hotel, will post some Pictures.

Latest posts

Back