WineXpert Sparkling Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read on their side until time to riddle, it gives more contact area for the wine to absorb some of the yeast flavor - Dom Perignon (sp) leaves theirson there side for 7 years.

I was thinking about that last night and laid them on their sides. Thanks Coaster!

Well I know its working because I went to shake them up tonight and noticedv on a few that the tops had risen and were tight, I pushed them down and they went right up immediately!Cant wait! Joan, do you have any that have budged a little?

Hi Wade!!!

All my plastic corks seem to be behaving but I have one wire that is definitely looking a bit strange. There is a 1/4 inch gap between the wire and the top of the cork. How can that be???

Joan...we have had some wires that were loose like that....then the stopper pushed up to the hight of the wire....The wire and stopper might just stay like that till you dégorge....

How long has yours been fermenting in the bottle now....???

It will be 5 weeks in the bottle tomorrow! =)

Should I rewire that bottle or leave it be?

Try to tighten it...if not you could put another wire on it....or let it be and see if the stopper lifts up to the extent of the wire...

Could you put another wire over top of it if you are afraid to remove that wire in fear of the cork popping....There should be pressure inside the bottle by now.

I know mine have lots of pressure inside already and Im a week behind Joan! Joan, did you add yeast at bottling too?

Update!

I pushed the wire down into those groves on the cap top and tightened. One turn and the wire broke!!!!!! Yikes!! I quick put on a new wire on and tightened the loop right off!! I quit! I'm leaving it be!

Do you have a wire on it now???? Even a loose one is better than none... With any luck the loose ones will tighten up with the presure in the bottle....

I can hardly wait for you to taste your wine....

When you are ready to dégorge be prepared for a little mess...
smiley4.gif
But it's all worth it.

Yes, it has a wire on it, NW! I couldn't get it on there fast enough!!! I was skert putting it on! I was sure it was going to blow! I think that will be the very first bottle I degorge!

I've been enjoying that last partial bottle of wine that isn't enough to cork and it's wonderful. I'm thinking it would make a great bubbly. My only problem is that I don't know which wine it is! LOL Silly me! I guess I need to either not bottle three varieties at the same time or put some kind of label on the leftovers! Live and learn!

Bah lost my post. I too have a WE sparkling kit going. I made up a a bentonite solution, racked the clear wine, added yeast/sugar/energizer, bottled and put on the tops.

20070311_203918_riddiling_agent.JPG

20070311_203945_clearer_wine.JPG
Edited by: Coaster

I'm having trouble and can't seem to load the rest of the pics =(

I forgot to take a final SG before adding the sugar. After sugar it was 1.010 which seemed high but I added 215 grams just like instructed. The tops were hard to install, even after putting them in warm water. The wine was .... something. Not sure how to say it, but not terrible. I only bought 12 tops so I used regular tops on the bottle and a half I had left over.

I'll be shaking them over the next few weeks, then letting them rest for a bit. I have them on the counter today but will move them to plastic storage buckets as soon as I see activity.Edited by: Coaster

Sorry, when I lost the post I lost a lot of the info I typed, this is the WE sparkling kit.

Latest posts

Back