WineXpert Sparkling Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad your enjoying the wine...I think you'll be a little less wet with practice....something about putting your thumb over the bottle top quickly....Jim does it...he has a bigger thumb and can get it covered better....and he has gotten quicker at it too.

Reminds me...I better go riddle downstairs....hard to remember to do these chores in the summer when there is so much other stuff to get done....Edited by: Northern Winos

Here are the first dégorged bottles.

champagne001.jpg

And a glass of "leftovers". There are tons of tiny bubbles. They just don't show up in the photo.

champagne003.jpg

Looks great Loan. Now your getting me into the mood to do mine. Ill plug in my big freezer tomorrow and get it up to temp.

Yes, just wash them up real good.

You can also reuse the wires if you think they will work....tho using that little tool really twists them and weakens them.

Thanks, NW! I do have new caps and wires to use but it's good to know they would work in a pinch. As for the wires...they let you know pretty quick of they are worth saving or not!

I have three bottles freezing right now!

I wish I had a bigger thumb! =) I'm thinking old clothes might be a good idea!

LOLOL Uh...no thank you, Wade!
smiley4.gif

I can tell my technique is improving! I'm not wearing nearly as much!
smiley2.gif

I'm not done yet but that's a great idea. If a police officer stopped me, I would have trouble explaining my uh...parfoom!
smiley2.gif

Northern Winos!! I have 2 bottles that have tiny bubbles rolling up the insides of the bottles? The caps appear to be just like the others and they went in really hard so I know they are tight. Did I do something wrong?

Boy...I don't know....give it some time and mark those bottles...

Don't be so nervous...if your worried about those bottles...then get rid of them in an appropriate manner...
smiley2.gif

LOL That was funny! Not nervous. Just surprised as the other bottles didn't do that. Since my post, they have both stopped so they're either fine or flat.
smiley36.gif

I finished milling and sanding all my wood for the racks so soon I can
get all those empty bottles out of my way and be able to get the
freezer into action. Ill always be a step behind ya Joan to learn from
your mistakes!
smiley36.gif
Nw, with a big new freezer is it still recommended to only do 3 or will I be able to do more at a time?

Latest posts

Back