Slow filtering

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrussell

Reaction score
Filtered my white wine kit with a vinbrite filter and it took about 2 to 3 hours to filter even though the wine was nice and clear. I am looking at the Buon Vino mini jet filter. Does anyone have this unit and how do you like it and is it a faster filter. I also see that George is carrying a lot of parts for them. Wondering if they break down a lot. Tanks, Ron.

It shouldnt take that long. I have used it for years and it takes 45 minutes to do 6 gallons. Did you have sediment on the bottom? If so you need to keep the racking cane off the bottom until the very last second/ If thats not it then you may have had the little valve on top in the wrong position.

Yes, I agree with Wade ... 45 min. to 1 hour
Now I'm using a whole house filter and a vacuum pump

rrussell said:
Filtered my white wine kit with a vinbrite filter and it took about 2 to 3 hours to filter even though the wine was nice and clear. I am looking at the Buon Vino mini jet filter. Does anyone have this unit and how do you like it and is it a faster filter. I also see that George is carrying a lot of parts for them. Wondering if they break down a lot. Tanks, Ron.

Wow, I'm surprised at some of the parts George is carrying (make sure you separate the Super Jet parts from the Mini Jet parts).A couple of them are more likely to be lost than broken, ie anti-sed tip, handwheels.

My Mini Jet was bought in 1999, and used a fair amount when I ran a store (the Super Jets were used muchmore), and I have needed none of those parts. I think my handwheels are abit rusty, and could use replacement, but that's it. I haven't used my Mini Jet in a couple of years. The check valve could probably use replacing. If you clean the filter well after use (and flush with clean water), then I think the check valve will last longer.

Steve

Latest posts

Back