Shiraz wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ctshep97 said:
can any one recomend a good shiraz wine kit,8 or 6 week??
We haven't done a lot of Shirazes, but we really really liked the Cru Select Australian Shiraz Viognier from Spagnols. It was an RQ (limited edition) kit when we made it, but is now part of the regular line-up.

Steve

<TABLE =maintable borderColor=#000000 height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 align=center =#ffffcc border=2>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="10%"> </TD>
<TD width="10%">
wsi_red_sm.jpg
</TD>
<TD width="50%">

Australian Shiraz

Wonderfully delicious, with startling rich, ripe aromas that deliver right through to the full, zesty finish.</TD>
<TD width="10%">Selection International</TD></TR></T></TABLE>I have made this kit and it was wonderful. And I don't have any more. :(

Another one is the Australian Cabernet/Shiraz. It is a WE kit and a very good one. It just improves with age and I have a few 3 year old ones left for special occasions.

<TABLE =ingNew cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=2>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Product Details</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE =maintable borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=2>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Item Number</TD>
<TD>3266</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Description</TD>
<TD>

Australian Cabernet/Shiraz

Cabernet Sauvignon's intensity compliments the fruity &amp; chocolate Shiraz flavors for a rich, complex &amp; hearty wine.

15 litres of premium grape juice and concentrate and ingredients, equipment sold separately. Makes 30 - 750ml Bottles (6 gallons).

Winexpert™ wines are made from only the finest 100% varietal grape juice and grape concentrates from among the world’s premier vineyards. Many kits include specially chosen toasted oak chips for barrel-aged character and increased depth.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Current Price</TD>
<TD>$115.99</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Status</TD>
<TD>Stocked</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Order</TD>
<TD>Order</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Picture</TD>
<TD>
wsi_red_lg.jpg
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Flavor</TD>
<TD>Cabernet Sauvignon/Shiraz Blend</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Brand</TD>
<TD>Selection International</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Manufacturer's Description</TD>
<TD>The blend that made Australia famous. Cabernet Sauvignon’s structural intensity perfectly complements the ripe fruit and chocolate flavors of Shiraz, for rich, complex and hearty red wine of outstanding character. Big, bold and dark – a luxurious treat.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Sweetness</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>F-Pack</TD>
<TD>N</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Type </TD>
<TD>Toasted &amp; French </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Intensity </TD>
<TD>3</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Minimum Recomended Aging </TD>
<TD>3 - 6 Months</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Wine Peaks At </TD>
<TD>2 - 3 years </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

I made this one in 07, it is truly comming into its own, very good.

<TABLE border=2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" ="ingNew"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Product Details</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
<TABLE border=2 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=5 width="100%" ="maintable"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Item Number</TD>
<TD>3592</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Description</TD>
<TD>

California Zinfandel Shiraz

A deep flavourful red wine with notes of raspberry, black cherries, figs, dark chocolate and a jamminess that finishes with a peppery spice.

10 litres of premium grape fruit concentrate and ingredients, equipment sold separately. Makes 30 - 750ml Bottles (6 gallons).

Winexpert™ wines are made from only the finest 100% varietal grape juice and grape concentrates from among the world’s premier vineyards. Many kits include specially chosen toasted oak chips for barrel-aged character and increased depth.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Current Price</TD>
<TD>$66.99</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Status</TD>
<TD>Stocked</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Order</TD>
<TD>Order</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Picture</TD>
<TD>
WV_lg.jpg
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Flavor</TD>
<TD>Zinfandel/Shiraz Blend</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Brand</TD>
<TD>World Vineyard</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Manufacturer's Description</TD>
<TD>A deep flavourful red wine with notes of raspberry, black cherries, figs, dark chocolate and a jamminess that finishes with a peppery spice.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Sweetness</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>F-Pack</TD>
<TD>N</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Type </TD>
<TD>Regular </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Intensity </TD>
<TD>1</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Minimum Recomended Aging </TD>
<TD>2 Months</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Wine Peaks At </TD>
<TD>2 years </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

I also made this California zinfandel shiraz. JW is absolutly correct and it does take at least 1 year before it reaches near peak!

i ordered this kit, should be here this week
Australian Cabernet/Shiraz

Cabernet Sauvignon's intensity compliments the fruity &amp; chocolate Shiraz flavors for a rich, complex &amp; hearty wine.

15 litres of premium grape juice and concentrate and ingredients, equipment sold separately. Makes 30 - 750ml Bottles (6 gallons).

Winexpert™ wines are made from only the finest 100% varietal grape juice and grape concentrates from among the world’s premier vineyards. Many kits include specially chosen toasted oak chips for barrel-aged character and increased depth.

ct, awesome selection!!!! Let us know how it is coming along when you start the kit.
smiley4.gif

How i long for the reintroductionof the WE Australian Matero/Shiraz...Now that was a great one

Latest posts

Back