Rhubarb and Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill B

Reaction score
These wines are 100% juice from Walkers fruit. I did not top up as I have an inert gas cap over the wine.
20070104_140802_100_0238.JPG

Nice color on the right!
smiley32.gif
It looks so purty I want a taste! Is the carboy tag on the right something fancy? Sure looks like it from here.

Ive had a local Rhubarb wine and it was fantastic! They both look awesome! Use clarifier, filter or time. Nice job Bill.
smiley20.gif

Thanks PWP and Wade. Ive tasted both and they are both very good. I will have to back sweeten the Rhubarb not much but a little. Yhe only thing I did was use Super Clear KC. I will be bottlling tomorrow I have a Rose Blend ready to bottle also, with a RED PLUM to follow. Gona be a busy weekend.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Red Plum sounds very good also. I want to make a plum soon myself. Have never made one yet. Have You?

Wade I made a plum from wild fruit and It wasn't bad more alcohol than flavor. The RED PLUM is a new addition from Walkers they also have a WHITE PLUM Ill let you know how it is . preliminary taste indicates this is gonna be good.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Bill B said:
Wade I made a plum from wild fruit and It wasn't bad more alcohol than flavor. The RED PLUM is a new addition from Walkers they also have a WHITE PLUM Ill let you know how it is . preliminary  taste indicates this is gonna be good.

I also have made wine from Wild Plums....it made you go Plum Wild [the name on the label]...it was a bit tart, and really would sneak up on you....I am going to try it again...this time I am going to leave them hang on the tree till they are over ripe and falling off the branches to get more sweetness.

Our Rhubarb Wine was also a little raw...I will also try it again, maybe let the stalks get redder and sweeter.

I used White Grape Concentrate in those two wines.

I do like wine made with Rhubarb mixed with Raspberries and the Rhubarb/Strawberry is awesome...I use Red Grape Concentrate in those two wines...love them.Edited by: Northern Winos

NW, I am going to have to buy some stock in that concentrate
company.Let me know when your getting some next so as that I can make
my investment!
smiley36.gif

Bill, what is an inert gas cap???? NW I made some rhubarb, and it did not turn out so swell. I have about 60 lbs in the freezer. I was thinking about doing a rhubarb/ apple but I like your idea of strawberry...

Never had Rhubarb/Strawberry wine but my Mom makes a mean Strawberry/Rhubarb pie! Maybe I will have to give it a try this next year!
smiley20.gif

Back