Pumps

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rocky. I'm not Dan (thank goodness LOL) and since he's not online I'll give you an answer.

meanwolf.jpg

Anyone tried using a pack & seal as a degassing pump?

I know many of people who have and it works................ for awhile and then dies as these motors just arent built to deal with the amount of work needed to degas a wine over and over. They will however rack your wine pretty well as that doesnt require much effort n the motor. Putting a filter in line will take some life off the motor though.

I received the all in one pump last month and have sucessfully racked and degassed 10 carboys of wine in pretty short order. It worked great and I am very satisfied with the results. I have had problems in the past getting the final gas out of my wines but this vacuum pump did the job! I have a mini jet and it never worked forngetting gas out like the all in one. :h

fermenting

If I use the vacuum pump to transfer my wine from the primary fermentor to the carboy, before fermentation is done, will the wine continue to ferment? Since the air is removed from the carboy while it is being filled with wine I am wondering if there will be enough oxygen in the wine to continue fermentation.

Sure, just give it a good stir afterwards. That will add some O2 back into the wine.
If I use the vacuum pump to transfer my wine from the primary fermentor to the carboy, before fermentation is done, will the wine continue to ferment? Since the air is removed from the carboy while it is being filled with wine I am wondering if there will be enough oxygen in the wine to continue fermentation.

Latest posts

Back