Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely a fan of #2 as well. Beautiful work! And I love the idea of the 'return for refills' - I put that on all of my canning!

First Run

Background will be different, waiting on my tattoo artist to get back to me with the actual pinup. It will be similar to this one.

knaughty fly.jpg

cubanken said:
Background will be different, waiting on my tattoo artist to get back to me with the actual pinup. It will be similar to this one.

Another fan of pin ups!!!!! I'm not alone! Lol

Nice looking label!! Have you seen any of Gil Elvgren's work?

Never mind. I just saw his signature on the label. I found his website and I love his work!! All I my labels will have the pin up motif on them.

Never mind. I just saw his signature on the label. I found his website and I love his work!! All I my labels will have the pin up motif on them.

My tattoo artist loves his work. She has done a few on me, all with a fly fishing motif on them. If I could afford having one of the pinups from suicide girls pose for a label I'd do that. Otherwise, something like this will have to do.:HB

I know what you mean. My tattoo artist (best friend) is finishing up a back piece on me right now. Next will be a pic of my wife's face with day of the dead makeup. After that, I'll get my first pin up tat.

Have been considering getting a pinup done, they are so fabulous. My back is pretty full, and I still want to have a couple done back there for my kids. I need to find another place on my body that looks good with a tat and I can cover up with a business suit...

Should we start a thread on tattooing? Lol.

This is the label for my Christmas wine. The ones in the red bottle will be on my table and the ones in the clear will be for gifts. I was afraid I wouldn't get my red ones back.

image-3811622951.jpg

image-3837887941.jpg

image-4040138389.jpg

Oh, the bottles are red! I was confused as to how you got a different color from the same wine! Duh!

Shelley, you make some of the nicest labels of anyone on the forum.

Greg there is a winery around here that also uses red bottles for their holiday spice. I'm not a real fan of them but it sure does look nice with Shelley's label.

Last edited:
Thank you all. I got the red bottles at my LHBS. I only got a case as they were a bit pricey. I wanted this Christmas to be special because once my Daughter and her family move to Japan in the spring we won't be together again as a whole family for four years.

Back from a short hiatus, finally finished bottling all my carboys from last year. Here are the labels made for the various wines....... Everyone says my Red Raspberry & Black Currant is some of the best they have tasted. Used a liter of Marco Polo syrup on each to bring out additional flavors, something Wade had mentioned. Lot of empty carboys now, many new wines to give away & trade.

Al

Country Apple Label - Copy.jpg

Margita's Malbec - Copy.jpg

red-raspberries - Copy.jpg

riesling_wine - Copy.jpg

Pinot-Grigio - Copy.jpg

Black Currant Wine - Copy.jpg

black - Copy.jpg

Hey Al, where the heck have you been. We thought you deserted us. Nice labels! Thats a lot of wine for you to bottle. I take it you got a call from the church they were running low. :)

Great labels, Al. I have used the Marco Polo syrups to flavor some melomel as well. They work well with sweeter wines.

Here are some of my more recent creations

For my 3 levels of hot pepper wines; spicy, hot and very hot...
db.jpg
dt.jpg
df.jpg

Spice Cherry and Cherry ginseng

spicedcherry.png
cherryginseng.png

Peach/banana blend and spiced banana

peach-banana-blend.png
banana-daze.jpg

and our (now Award Winning) Carrot wine..
carrot5-1.jpg

Awesome labels, as always, everyone! You guys are so creative! Here's two I whipped up today. This is one of my favorate parts of the wine making process...

Washington_Merlot.jpg

RD_Melomel.jpg

A lot of creative labels recently.
I starting to love this thread.
Great Job to all

Here are my labels. The first two are for my Apple Pie Cider, still working out details on what paper/adhesive to use. The others are still in the works, have only bottled one of the two batches of prickly pear.

image-2073022326.jpg

image-258210734.jpg

image-3728298284.jpg

image-3628641335.jpg

image-3619613871.jpg

I really like the 2nd one..!!
and very nice sealed shrink cap..!! What did you use, hot water or heat gun?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back