Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some awesome looking labels!!!! I'm currently looking for a good software program to use. I currently use picmonkey online. It is a good site to edit photos, but I feel like I'm limited in what I can do to make a unique label. Any suggestions?

The Riesling with the couple is for our party next year. The rest is for us. The Carmel Apple Cider is for Christmas gifts for the neighbors. It will be accompanied with red neck wine glasses.

image-513807918.jpg

image-3511867171.jpg

image-629084696.jpg

Those are some awesome looking labels!!!! I'm currently looking for a good software program to use. I currently use picmonkey online. It is a good site to edit photos, but I feel like I'm limited in what I can do to make a unique label. Any suggestions?

There are some basic design programs that come with your computer already or you can also download free graphic design programs from cnet.com, but you don't really need any fancy software, just some imagination and creativity...

All these labels on this thread look very nice. I kept my design simple to save on printer ink:

Wine.jpg

Last edited:

You can download the avery program at www.avery.com and choose the size label and design your own, this program is free, they even have some samples, like blank templates.

That's exactly what I use. I then print my labels on the 8164 (I think is the right number) labels, the ones which are 3 1/3" X 4" and print out 6 on a sheet. They make excellent wine bottle labels. I have some in the standard paper, and others in the vinyl which are run-free when they get wet.

I use the same design for all my wine bottles, and just change the information from batch to batch. I chose a fancy font for the labels to give them some class. On the sides, I have a MM-YY bottling date, as well as a code for what kind of yeast I used. The other side has the mL volume.

The wine glass & grapes logo on the label and in my avatar I made from "stealing" images from the internet and putting them together.

Last edited:
First try

This is my first attempt at a label and at posting a pic on here. As they said on Dragnet, "just the facts mam." Not trying to get fancy although I do love the artwork on some of the labels.

Muscadine Wine.jpg

I'm with you Keena. I love B/W photo's and i think this is a classy label.

Thanks guys, the word Hatchee, the Indian and the canoe are all a play on words. My subdivision in the country where I started making wine is named Hatchee Ridge. The subdivision is on a small creek and the word Hatchee is an Indian word for creek or river.

I made my label a template and simply change the Manufacturer name, series, type, ABV, and finishing date. I also use different colored shrink caps for organization.

399955_10150662857544603_1866218473_n[1].jpg

46495_10151308371749603_282137529_n[1].jpg

You all make fantasic labels! Here's the one I whipped up today for my fermenting Pinot Grigio. Gives me something to do while I wait. Some of you from the east my recognize the Old Canal Museum at the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park near Great Falls, Maryland (at the Falls of the Potomic). My wife took the picture in 2004 during a trip to DC.

Pinot_Grigio.jpg

Our newest label...went a little abstract on this one but I like the simplicity.

Three Bros image.jpg

Latest posts

Back