Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The estrogenics in plastics are causing cancers, reduced fertility in young people, and clogging our waterways and the oceans. All of us have microplastic particles in our bloodstreams right now. The half-life of plastic is amazingly long. While it's not likely possible to stop plastic container usage (though the plastigen leaching would end if we went back to glass), I support companies in the initial stages of going back to renewable paper packaging. Like the package for this recent purchase.

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 2.27.02 PM.png

With the new and improved thunder blanket he no longer hides in the bathroom. 🤣

still not happy though...
View attachment 102899

Bad time for doggies here, it is WW 3 time again with the fireworks. Let's recap: Take money you have worked hard to get all week by spending time you cannot get back. Use it to buy an item that flashes and/or bangs for a moment and is gone. What's not to like? :D

Daaaang! We just got dumped on by a severe storm but no hail.

Hail is a very common occurrence in these parts this time of year. On the plus side it stayed at pea/small marble size and didn't get bigger. You have to get cars into a safe spot or risk possible roof damage. Then its hanging baskets and patio plants. Not much you can do for tomatoes and grapes which suffered damage but as they say. It could have been worse.......

Now the sun is back out and we return you to a normal Summer afternoon.....

Today the temps in the St. Louis Area were predicted to be a high of 81 with low humidity. Quite the rarity for July in Missouri. So we decided to visit the local Botanical Garden. They have multiple displays of Chihuly glass all throughout the Garden. History lesson one of the first Gardens West of the Mississippi River started in 1859. Very amazing things that Dale Chihuly has done with glass. A few pictures:

IMG_0283.JPGPXL_20230702_161758420.jpgIMG_0260.JPG

The estrogenics in plastics are causing cancers, reduced fertility in young people, and clogging our waterways and the oceans. All of us have microplastic particles in our bloodstreams right now. The half-life of plastic is amazingly long. While it's not likely possible to stop plastic container usage (though the plastigen leaching would end if we went back to glass), I support companies in the initial stages of going back to renewable paper packaging.
I once read a science report about just how bad plastics are! It basically said girls are getting bigger and boys are becoming girls! I avoid plastics at all costs!

Today the temps in the St. Louis Area were predicted to be a high of 81 with low humidity. Quite the rarity for July in Missouri. So we decided to visit the local Botanical Garden. They have multiple displays of Chihuly glass all throughout the Garden. History lesson one of the first Gardens West of the Mississippi River started in 1859. Very amazing things that Dale Chihuly has done with glass. A few pictures:

View attachment 102952View attachment 102953View attachment 102955
I think I used to have one of his bongs

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Is that left outside year round in the elements? Chihuly glass pieces are quite "pricey" these days!

View attachment 102952View attachment 102953View attachment 102955

Is that left outside year round in the elements? Chihuly glass pieces are quite "pricey" these days!

I think "Pricey" is quite the understatement and yes, they are mostly outside, some are in a building, but the vast majority were outside. And I had exactly the same thought, while looking at them, Missouri has been known to see hail and the Garden Area must have had a terrible wind storm recently, there were limbs cut up and down all over the grounds.

I think I used to have one of his bongs

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I might be in the same category, I did go to college during the late 70's.

Latest posts

Back