Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, in my state, they did play around with the drinking age. They had at one time set it to 18, then upped it to 19, and now it is 21. Teenage drunk driving was a real problem apparently.

If they raised the legal drinking age in Saskatchewan to 21, (from 19) we would simply have a much higher % of underage drinking (and driving). Ironically, in the most recent act of criminal stupidity in Saskatoon, a 21 year old is charged with drunk driving a stolen vehicle causing the deaths of two high school kids. Families and friends of the kids are devastated, and a young woman is likely going to prison for a long time. Sorry for the highjack; just venting.

Some states now allow anyone with a military ID to purchase alcohol regardless of age, which I think is only right. If you are mature enough to fight, you are mature enough to drink.
That makes perfect sense to me.

If they raised the legal drinking age in Saskatchewan to 21, (from 19) we would simply have a much higher % of underage drinking (and driving). Ironically, in the most recent act of criminal stupidity in Saskatoon, a 21 year old is charged with drunk driving a stolen vehicle causing the deaths of two high school kids. Families and friends of the kids are devastated, and a young woman is likely going to prison for a long time. Sorry for the highjack; just venting.

That makes perfect sense to me.

Growing up, we always had wine at the table. I was taught how to handle it and laughed at my friends when booze got the better of them. I see how kids (when they suddenly come of age) go overboard. I walk away feeling lucky having been taught by my parents.

e2umepet.jpg

Mahahahahaha

That's called a tailgaters special.
Everyone at the party can cook their own the way they like it.
I used to go to a restaurant that had a similar grill. You went to the fridge and picked out your main course and then went to the 8 foot by 8 foot grill and cooked your own.

Just got through paying the contractor on this little job. New windows in all of the house but the sunroom (which is shown), gutters, gutter guards, downspouts, porch posts front and back, added hand rail, and covered all trim in vinyl and aluminum.

Told the man I want to be dead before any of this needs to be done again. The door still needs to be replaced. I'll do that.

Here's one of the workers at the start as they were replacing windows. Yep, it snowed briefly that day, rare in the South and especially in spring, so he stopped to snap a few pix.

Next up will be a 16x30 deck off the back of the house, extending out to the end of the porch, so you can walk out the back door off the left side of the porch in the picture, and onto the deck. I'll build that myself in late fall/early winter.

By next spring we hope to buy retaining wall block and landscape the area in front of the porch extending around to the front of the house. We'll see how the schedule holds up. :h

Last edited:
looks like a really nice place and beautiful country. All double insulated verses original glass?
Great place to add a deck too,
Mike

Yup. The double-hung ones are tilt-in, of course. We replaced three ganged double hungs with a picture and two casements in the picture window the guy is standing in. In the kitchen, we replaced two ganged double hungs with double casements. Really opened both rooms up a lot as far as view.

The sunroom, I built myself in about 95, and it has wood Marvin double-panes in it. I was not going to replace those great casements with vinyl. We clad the frames. I am going to clad the sashes in white myself to match the other replacement windows.

If you look hard, you can see 2 of my cows.

Last edited:
Bear

My brother inlaw has a camp near the town of marienville in northern pa. While we sat around the camp fire relaxing with various liquid refreshments. His feeder camera caught this guy on film about 60 yards in the woods from us

IMG_0424.jpg

My brother inlaw has a camp near the town of marienville in northern pa. While we sat around the camp fire relaxing with various liquid refreshments. His feeder camera caught this guy on film about 60 yards in the woods from us

You are not far from our camp. We are over in Tionesta. Lol, Marienville seems to have a lot of bears over there.

Jim I'm jealous of your stone steps and home/property! We hope one day to have a rec property and I would love to build a cob house on it. Ah, if wishes were wings...

Kim - I nearly spit my wine out with those pics! Too funny!!!

Back