Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, everyone!

Nice job, Paul! Looks like around 400 bottles worth.

Yes, it was designed to hold, at absolute maximum capacity, 468 bottles. Due to "construction irregularities" I think it will be about 450.

The closet to its left was my original one from about 6 years ago. (Photo below.) It holds another hundred. I can keep some under the stairs, too, to get me close to my target of 700 bottles storage capacity for aging purposes.

oldwinecloset.jpg

S G, you've inspired me, but I'm moving in about 6 months, so I need to make mine portable.

Hmmmmmmmmm…….

10314620_10151964364776082_5660272138827919526_n.jpg

If you remember, I posted pictures of a pump frozen in a block of ice. Well the ice finally melted and it was seized solid. A quick hone later and she seems to be happy now. Still waiting on some new gaskets before I can turn it over.

Had myself a redneck lightbulb idea in the process of putting things back together. Haven't broken down and bought a ring compressor yet and still don't need one lol

u9u6adu4.jpg

A hose clamp seems to do the job just fine

ja5a8a6y.jpg

So glad they reintroduced the wild turkeys to ontario. Needless to say its addictive. That first gobble in the morning has you hooked.

19 here. 18 in Quebec. I don't know what the states where thinking when they made the drinking age 21. By the time I was 21 I was all but done with the bars and such.

19 here. 18 in Quebec. I don't know what the states where thinking when they made the drinking age 21. By the time I was 21 I was all but done with the bars and such.

What would you expect from a Country that actually had prohibition? Really, prohibition! To think that this happened at a time when most women didn't even have the right to vote! What were men thinking in those days????

Actually, in my state, they did play around with the drinking age. They had at one time set it to 18, then upped it to 19, and now it is 21. Teenage drunk driving was a real problem apparently.

The big argument is that 18 is considered adulthood. One can vote and also be accepted into the military without parental consent. The big argument is that an 18 year old can be handed a riffle and die for his country, but can not enter a bar.

Some states now allow anyone with a military ID to purchase alcohol regardless of age, which I think is only right. If you are mature enough to fight, you are mature enough to drink.

Back