Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it's time to jump in your car and take a cross-country trip, right @geek?

And make a visit to the super mod in the middle of nowhere...LOL

I have many friends that have gone from CT to CA, and also a friend who "burned" over 6k miles on a road trip all over Canada, so all doable for sure. :try

I have many friends that have gone from CT to CA, and also a friend who "burned" over 6k miles on a road trip all over Canada, so all doable for sure. :try
Good luck getting through the Southwest! The crackheads are cutting the cables (for copper) as fast as they can repair them!

1691543351276.png

Yeah, I saw a recent video about a guy who went to the State of Washington from southern California. Hoo boy, what a time he had. It was nerve-wracking touch and go. Not all stations worked...

Yeah, I saw a recent video about a guy who went to the State of Washington from southern California. Hoo boy, what a time he had. It was nerve-wracking touch and go. Not all stations worked...
Then there was all the people stuck on the hwy to Calgary this winter. They didn't account for the fact that batteries lose capacity in cold weather, and the heat draws the batteries down as well. -40 just isn't the climate for EV's, but some of us saw that coming. I sure do enjoy the heat a diesel puts out, and the alternator does such a wonderful job of supplying power for the heated seats and steering wheel!

Luxuries in some climates, but a necessity in AB.

Then there was all the people stuck on the hwy to Calgary this winter. They didn't account for the fact that batteries lose capacity in cold weather, and the heat draws the batteries down as well. -40 just isn't the climate for EV's, but some of us saw that coming. I sure do enjoy the heat a diesel puts out, and the alternator does such a wonderful job of supplying power for the heated seats and steering wheel!
This type of thing is one of the reasons we have a gas stove. Central NC gets ice storms, and we've had the power out for several days at a time. I have a 300 gallon propane tank, a gas firelog that doesn't require electricity to operate, and a gas stove. When the power is out and it's below freezing outside, the living room and the kitchen are the places to be.

Ya I am a big fan of backup plans and forward thinking. I have a wood stove, at -45 its a matter of life or death if the power is out long enough.

I always laugh when fans and A/C units are sold out during a heat wave. Buy the thing on sale and save some money instead of panic buying. Just my humble opinion though...

Land of Enchantment. :p

While we don't have a lock on the supply of crackheads, tweakers and the like we do have our fair share for sure. The sad fact that are like only 4 (super) charging stations in the entire State doesn't help. It's the wild wild west all over again if you venture this way in an EV. You would have better luck in a covered wagon and drawn horse.

Last edited:
While we don't have a lock on the supply of crackheads, tweakers and the like we do have our fair share for sure. The sad fact that are like only 4 (super) charging stations in the entire State doesn't help. It's the wild wild west all over again if you venture this way in an EV. You would have better luck in a covered wagon and drawn horse.

The stations are thickest in the higher population areas, for sure. I'd have to drive 30 miles to the nearest one to me. That one is on a university campus.

I think that light green part is water ..
Maybe there is a ferry.
Something a lot of folks don't talk about is how close Hawaii is to Alaska. If I was making the drive to Alaska, I'd allocate a few extra days and take the ferry to Hawaii. I still don't understand why folks say it's a long plane flight -- does the plane fly at 20 MPH?

Latest posts

Back